Car Rental Company

Farenheit

Registered
A guest has asked me to recommend an economic car rental place. So far, looking in the archives, I see tangorentacar.com mentioned. Any others to recommend or any comments on this one? Thanks!

I had a good experience with Guido Guidi.

And there's another I used recently, if they want VERY economical (1800 pesos for easter week), I can look up the name of that company if you'd like. Pick Up in Caballito, cars are mechanical sound, aesthetically weary.

Yes please, RichardRPTownley, if you could post details of the other place too, I think they are looking for the cheapest deal going.

Yes please, RichardRPTownley, if you could post details of the other place too, I think they are looking for the cheapest deal going.

We got a promotion package from Abbey Rent-a-car, originally 1800 pesos for 7 days (with 2k km) for a small hatchback but there were none available, so we went up to 2300 pesos for the week with a Chevrolet Corsa. Deposit was 5000 pesos in cash or held on credit card.

The car mechanically was sound, although the bodywork work was a little battered. Not as clean inside as AVIS or HERTZ. I noticed nothing awry in the paperwork, all seemed well set up.

I would say Guido Guidi is on the same level as Hertz and Avis, but cheaper.
Abbey's cars are a lot older and more used, but seem to be the cheapest I've found in the city after many rentals here.

I'm curious if anyone has any up to date information on rental cars in Buenos Aires. We will need a car for about 3 weeks, have some leads from family and friends, but am wondering if there is anything else new out there as an alternative to Guido Guidi.

Thanks!!

I recommend Kompass RentACar - 1561578483. I use them every weekend now for the past 8 weeks. The best I have found so far. Good rate, decent cars (VW Gols), flexible / no-fuss treatment, friendly management.

Tell Matias that I (Johnny Wong) referred you and to give you a good deal (I pay p$852 Friday - Monday; and paid ~$1800 for a 10-day rental about 1 month ago).
Cars are generally new. Location to pick up is Nunez, near the General Paz.

Back