Cash pick up in BsAs (Sterling exchange)

tangobob

Registered
As Azimo no longer do this, I was wondering how others get their money in Argentina. I have various means to look at but I do not know if I can order by my Bankers card (preferably not credit card) and pick up cash from a local office in BsAs. I am due out at the end of the year and need a way of getting money. Thanks in advance.

Digital currencies, such as USDT will work just fine.

As Azimo no longer do this, I was wondering how others get their money in Argentina. I have various means to look at but I do not know if I can order by my Bankers card (preferably not credit card) and pick up cash from a local office in BsAs. I am due out at the end of the year and need a way of getting money. Thanks in advance.
I previously used Azimo but I’ve used WU for the last month - is WU not an option?

I previously used Azimo but I’ve used WU for the last month - is WU not an option?
WU was not on my radar, being a Brit. I have had a couple of people tell me to use them. I have logged on and am exploring this, seems my best option. Thanks for the help.

WU was not on my radar, being a Brit. I have had a couple of people tell me to use them. I have logged on and am exploring this, seems my best option. Thanks for the help.
WU works for me (sending from my UK account). I have varied the receiver between myself and my partner though as I’ve heard a couple of stories of repeated transactions eventually getting blocked. Unsure on the actual legalities of it to be truthful as to why it would be flagged, but so far no issues (5/6 transactions in about 2 months)

WU works for me (sending from my UK account). I have varied the receiver between myself and my partner though as I’ve heard a couple of stories of repeated transactions eventually getting blocked. Unsure on the actual legalities of it to be truthful as to why it would be flagged, but so far no issues (5/6 transactions in about 2 months)
Just out of curiosity, how much are you doing each transaction? I’m probably averaging about 2 weeks expenditure each trip but I’m wondering whether it’s worth doubling down to avoid more trips than is necessary

Just out of curiosity, how much are you doing each transaction? I’m probably averaging about 2 weeks expenditure each trip but I’m wondering whether it’s worth doubling down to avoid more trips than is necessary

I’ve averaged about £150-180 worth on 3 occasions, and I think the rest around under the £80 mark.
Personally I would avoid doubling down or getting a ‘big’ amount out, with the peso being the way it is (although doesn’t effect us too much with the £)
For example a couple weeks ago I got it at 336-£1 and earlier last week just a couple days later it was up to 352….. Argentina 🤷🏻‍♂️😁

Back