Census - not your average holiday

From what I remember of the census in 2001, the city was never emptier. I don't remember much being open, and the streets were dead quiet. It was a great day to go for a walk.

650,000 enumerators do the entire country in one day and the data is in the control of the INDEC. Hmmmmm, let's see....total population = 39,500,000 and 35,000,000 live in Cap Fed. Tax $$$$ to be distributed as thus. Sounds reasonable to me.

it will be deserted on that day,buy your goods for 2 day duration just in case you run out

someone will open, guarantee it, maybe not a disco or Carrefour but some asian family markets will... 100% guaranteeing it!

The official notices are that transportation will be on a "normal" Sunday schedule:

"El transporte funcionará como los domingos. También habrá distribución y venta de diarios."

I want to know who the brave souls are that do the census in the villas?

Serious Question - Are the extranjeros who are here counted as such - Assumming that a difference is made for the various types of Visa's that people have - i.e. Permanent Residents, Rentista's and even Tourists staying in houses rather than in hotels....

I was told today that you are supposed to stay in the house until you are "Censused"... House arrest :)

Liam3494 said:
Serious Question - Are the extranjeros who are here counted as such - Assumming that a difference is made for the various types of Visa's that people have - i.e. Permanent Residents, Rentista's and even Tourists staying in houses rather than in hotels....

I was told today that you are supposed to stay in the house until you are "Censused"... House arrest :)
I understand that you need to have been here for at least 5 years:rolleyes:

ghost said:
I want to know who the brave souls are that do the census in the villas?

is that the shanty towns by the train station? i took some photos of them and those are my new postcards back to the states... " the real buenos aries" along with the landmine sidewalks and the dog poop!

Back