Cerati Who ???

D.B. Cooper

Registered
I ran into one of my neighbors today,... she asked if I had gone to the Cerati funeral.
I told her that having lived in the USA I had never heard of him until I moved here.
She was surprised. I'm I the only one on this ?... Is he big in Europe ?
I couldn't hum a Cerati tune if you put a gun to my head.

He died?:( that is tragic. I'm sorry you can't appreciate the music of such a loved and talented national musician..

I ran into one of my neighbors today,... she asked if I had gone to the Cerati funeral.
I told her that having lived in the USA I had never heard of him until I moved here.
She was surprised. I'm I the only one on this ?... Is he big in Europe ?
I couldn't hum a Cerati tune if you put a gun to my head.

My wife is an Argentine of roughly Cerati's age who knows no more than you do of his music.

Gustavo Cerati was the most influential Latin America artists of his time known all over the world won several awards in the USA and Europe - the music is superb. He was all over MTV for a long time - I guess ignorance can be bliss for some but you would have to live very isolated or just plain ignorant never to have heard of him. Then again when it comes to USA international knowledge is not one of the strong points

I can probably sing 4, 5 of his songs. I do like his guitar - his singing, not so much... All in all, I liked him, he stood apart from those other "fierita" groups, Soda Stereo was different. But I do not understand people making such a fuss - to me, he has been dead for 4 years. It puzzles me how Argentine people can be so dramatic. It is not like he suddenly died...

Oh well. I do not understand how people can cry after a soccer match either. I mean, I felt very sad when Robin Williams died, but because of his struggle, and because it was sudden. But Cerati was already dead...

She's either lived under a rock or in the US for 30 years.

He simply made no impression on her. The only thing I recall is being in Tucuman when they distributed free cigarettes on the plaza during a Soda Stereo tour - one of the things that undoubtedly helped kill him.

I had never heard of Cerati in the US either and I personally don't consider myself ignorant to international knowledge. One measure of good that this beloved musician can bring to society is making the fact that he was a heavy smoker (I heard 3 packs per day) a well known fact and reinforce the dangers of smoking to people's health.

Gustavo Cerati was the most influential Latin America artists of his time known all over the world won several awards in the USA and Europe - the music is superb. He was all over MTV for a long time - I guess ignorance can be bliss for some but you would have to live very isolated or just plain ignorant never to have heard of him. Then again when it comes to USA international knowledge is not one of the strong points
Wow> No shit MTV....We expats just live for MTV. Retard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He simply made no impression on her. The only thing I recall is being in Tucuman when they distributed free cigarettes on the plaza during a Soda Stereo tour - one of the things that undoubtedly helped kill him.

I have seen pretty young women giving out free packs of cigarettes in front of schools here in the old days. I think it was Phillip Morris strategy to acquire new clients. What you saw was likely them taking advantage of the crowd.

At any rate, he was an excellent musician and his music was popular all over Latin America and the US in Spanish speaking communities.

Back