Chai tea?

There is a boutique tea shop on Gorriti called "Canellia té gourmet," I purchased several lovely tea cups from them (they have great Japanese and Chinese style teapots, all supposedly made here and for good prices), and they also have a lovely loose tea collection. They have a wonderful smelling Masala Chai and also a Greent Tea Chai, which I purchased. I haven't tried their regular chai, but the green tea chai is pretty good, very fresh. It isn't cheap, I think it was 14 pesos for 100 grams, but I don't think it is too bad for great tea.

The address is Gorriti 5061. 4833-6685; www.camellia-tegourmet.com.ar

Enjoy!

You can try at
1) Chez Pauline, Juncal 1695
2) Tea Connection, Cerviño 3550

They have good teas (not cheap, though).

When I make the tea, I usually put the fresh ginger in the blender with water, chop it up and boil it with the spices, add loose black tea and/or even green tea. Lots of cayenne pepper to give it a real zing. The receipe from flippinkitten above is pretty much what I use

Go to Tealosophy!! http://www.tealosophy.com
It's inside the promenade gallery at the Alvear Palace Hotel. Ask for Pilar... sometimes you can see Inés, the owner, but most of the time Pilar is there. Anyway, they have exactly what you are looking for. Good luck!
Elias

thanks all. I'm going to try the camellia shop on gorritti, simply because it's near to me!

I am a Bonafide fan. As much as I hate Starbucks, their Chai Latte is OUT OF THIS WORLD!

I would add that the Argentine tea company Inti Zen http://www.intizen.com.ar/ is all over almost every major super market, sometimes in the tea section sometimes in the international/imported/overpriced section" of the supermarket.

The orange box is their Chaman Chai blend. I don't know anything about making authentic chai, but I heat it over the stove with milk and sugar.

Tealosophy has a huge selection of amazing loose teas, including chai. A lot of their own custom blends which is cool. Bought these as a gift for a dinner party. They have the shop in the Alvear and I think just opened one in Palermo.

Starbucks sells boxes of Chai tea (in teabags) for about 30 pesos, so you can make it at home. It's yummy

Back