Change you can believe in: Obama bows to Saudi king

sergio said:
jp, don't be naive. Every President's actions are analyzed with a fine tooth comb. As for the bow, it is more likely that Obama intended to convey his deep respect for the king than anything else. If so, it's worth analyzing why he feels that wayt. I doubt his spine was bothering him.

Sergio, I think you are on to something!

WHY indeed does BHO feel such respect for the king (as the bow implies)?

Perhaps his own roots?

sergio said:
Every President's actions are analyzed with a fine tooth comb.

I think we should turn our attentions to the irregular curvature between the 5th and 9th vertebrae. To me this suggest poor posture, and a lack of lower back support, possibly obtained through years of inappropriate lumbar support.

So the more important question I think we should be over analysing, is whether a man who takes such poor care of his lower back, is fit to govern the most powerful nation in the world? Given his casual disregard for this crucial area of core stability I think we can infer that in later years, this physical manifestation of mismanagement and poor planning will affect his foreign policies, which could inevitably lean towards etc etc etc.

Next - his choice of tie. Was he demonstrating latent piratical leanings, or suppressed rage through the choice of pastel colours with paisley motif? As every scholar knows, pastels were the preferred colours of 17th Century buccaneers, whilst paisley is renowned throughout occult circles as being strongly related to..... please God make it stop.

Yes, you can analyse every gesture and utterance under an electron microscope. Its just largely pointless and speculative to do so.

Very funny, jp.
A number of years ago Mrs. Walter Annenberg, wife of the American ambassador to the UK, curtseyed to Queen Elizabeth. It caused a sensation in the US with many Americans complaining that citizens of a republic do not show obeisance to monarchs.

yhasah! (I hope I spelled it correctly and didn't sound too arrafant).

Shurely citizens of a republic are free to do as they please?

Or are there strict rules of conduct everyone must adhere to in the "land of the free..."

This sort of thing is silly beyond belief. Can't you guys see this? You aren't embarrassed? What kind of lives do you lead? Or not.

HDM said:
This sort of thing is silly beyond belief. Can't you guys see this? You aren't embarrassed? What kind of lives do you lead? Or not.

We don't lead lives. We live them.

And don't need a bowing president to tell us how.

Back