cheap air travel from BA to rest of the world

studiodio

Registered
I have been living Buenos Aires for a year now, think of it as home...but still have the travel bug and dream of going of going on a loop trip to new zealand,thailand, india, maybe greece, morocco then back to BA... but all the search engines with cheap around the world travel that have tickets for 2,500 to 3,500 us dollars all have place of origion in the US...i would love to avoid the expense and hassle of going back to the US then on to these places.... anyone know of good internet sites to do international trips starting from BA?

Yes, you could call Christina and ask her what if anything she is goint to do with her new bought Argentine Airline
AeroLinus?
There is nothing here to where you want to go. Last year I went to Thailand and Nepal. My choices, Canada or the IOUSA.
The best air fares are from those two countries. But hurry, fares are going to rise very soon. The stock market is now dictating this.

I am an IATA travel consultant in the USA and Buenos Aires, both in Argentina and the US we, travel agents, can manage private or bulk air fares that are not published in any internet travel company.
As an example, we have special discounts for youngsters under 35, seniors over 65, students, special offers etc.
If you want to go to South Pacific areas, we have specials with LAN and Aerolineas Argentinas , no need to fly back to the US.
Greece, Morocco and North of Africa and other Arab destinations we fly conecctions via Brazil, Spain, France or Italy.
We have Emirates, Alitalia and Iberia specials right now to travel before NOV 30 RT.
Thailand I'd go with Malasyan Air , we also have special promo fares, as we have for India -Mumbai- with South Africa Airlines.
Best regards to all
Bitty Cabrera

If you're intent on flying from BA and don't want to pay excessive extras because of that, then you need to mold your travel plans around airlines that service BA. I absolutely would second the Malaysia airlines recommend, they have very good prices.

If you buy a round the world ticket you have to remember you can only travel in one direction and usually only cross the hemisphere line twice. you're also limited to number of destinations and miles travelled.

With Malaysia Airlines and their partners (Air France, Swiss, Virgin, NWA, KLM) you could probably hit most of the destinations on your list.

They do a run BA - Capetown - KL

Take 6 weeks in South Africa, don't waste a layover!

But from Capetown you could also take a flight to Schipol or Paris with one of their partners, and do your travel in Europe, but with the amount of indians in Durban I also wouldn't be surprised if you could pick up a flight to India direct without having to fly via KL.

There are also direct flights Capetown - Sydney.

Round-the-wrold tickets are best bought with origins of London or one of the big hubs in the US though.

From BA for round the world you'll probably have to cobble together you're own schedule, and you may not be able to hit some of the destinations you'd like without paying through the nose. But you could create a wonderful trip -- BA - Capetown - Delhi - KL - Sydney/Auckland - BA.

Though this website does have many US airlines, I find it does often does give a smattering of routes with stopovers not in the US. It's a travel website miner. www.kayak.com

studiodio said:
I have been living Buenos Aires for a year now, think of it as home...but still have the travel bug and dream of going of going on a loop trip to new zealand,thailand, india, maybe greece, morocco then back to BA... but all the search engines with cheap around the world travel that have tickets for 2,500 to 3,500 us dollars all have place of origion in the US...i would love to avoid the expense and hassle of going back to the US then on to these places.... anyone know of good internet sites to do international trips starting from BA?

Go to Qantas office in BA, or Aerolineas Argentinas with direct flights to Sydney (Australia) and stopover in Auckland (New Zealand) then from Sydney or New Zealand you may go to complete all yours destinations and stopovers with loop to BA.

Surely they will be able arrange all the itinerary and stopovers for you.

Go directly to the Airlines dont get any perks!! call a good Travel Agency, even in the USA Travel Agents still get commissions and incentives. Airlines prefer YOU to go online so they save these travel agent discounts, they aint givin' em to ya!

American Airlines and partners' OneWorld group offers round-the-world and multi-continent fares originating anywhere one of the partners flies. For BsAs that includes flights from here on American, Iberia, and LAN with connections to British Airways, JAL, Cathay Pacific, and Qantas, among others.

My partner is a performer who works mostly abroad. He's used the special fares a few times for complicated circle itineraries with multiple stops in North America and/or Europe, where the point-to-point fares were exorbitant.

The www.oneworld.com site has a bunch of tools to help organize and price the trip. You'll eventually need to go to an AA, LAN, or Iberia office, where the staff don't tend to know much about these special fares, so arm yourself with details from the site and the phone reps before trying to book it.

Try Air Canada www.aircanada.com they have fantastic deals to Europe, Asia and the USA via Toronto. A friend of mine recently nabbed a $890 from Buenos Aires to Frankfurt with a stop-over Toronto.

Air Canada has a really good in-flight product with individual LCD TV screen at each seat, modern and very clean planes. Food was good too!

They are part of Star Alliance so they can get you anywhere you want to go. They also offer a RTW fare.

Back