Cheap Flights From Ba To Madrid

TWB103

Registered
My family and I are planning to say chau to Argentina in few months once we've sold the abode.

Any tips for getting low cost flights at the last moment for a family of 2 adults, a kid and toddler?

Cheers!

Madrid is not a good destination for low cost flights

Level ( owned by Iberia and BA) start flying to Barcelona later this month.

They claim to be low cost but once you pay the additional charges , you are close to a legacy airline airfare

Isn't Madrid the gateway destination from Latin America?

To some extent, yes. Which by no means signifies that airfares there will be lower.
With Level, you can get to Barcelona in late October/early November for ~500 USD.
If that timeframe suits you, should really grab those - I doubt you'll get better.

Is that the price for booking well in advance or because of the time of year?

To some extent, yes. Which by no means signifies that airfares there will be lower.
With Level, you can get to Barcelona in late October/early November for ~500 USD.
If that timeframe suits you, should really grab those - I doubt you'll get better.

I think the 500 dollar fares are for the basic fare.

If you want to take bags and get a meal and reserve your seat , it will cost more...

There are some good promotional prices for premium economy at that time which means a better seat , slightly better food and two bags in the hold.

search both EZE and AEP airports. Heck, even look into flying out of Montevideo, it can randomly be cheaper sometimes. Also search for a bunch of airports in Spain if you're willing to land anywhere in Spain. You can do all of this by using google flights which lets you use multiple airports for both departure and arrival airports. This will maximize the possible itineraries, thus increasing your chances of spotting a deal. Check out the calendar that shows when the prices are lowest if you are flexible on the exact date.

Is that the price for booking well in advance or because of the time of year?

The short answer is both.
The long answer is that price depends on fares in effect + availability for the given flight, both of which in turn depend on various factors including both of the ones you mentioned.

search both EZE and AEP airports. Heck, even look into flying out of Montevideo, it can randomly be cheaper sometimes. Also search for a bunch of airports in Spain if you're willing to land anywhere in Spain. You can do all of this by using google flights which lets you use multiple airports for both departure and arrival airports. This will maximize the possible itineraries, thus increasing your chances of spotting a deal. Check out the calendar that shows when the prices are lowest if you are flexible on the exact date.
If you use Kayak.com or other search engine input BUE instead of AEP or EZE and check nearby airports ok (or something like that).

T/

Back