Cheap flights...

Moonwitch

Registered
Does anybody know anybody who works for an airline that flies to Europe that could buy discounted flights? Extremely unorthodox but one needs to return to motherland but I don´t have the funds to pay the extortionate fee.

That is quite a large request! I assume you are talking about buddy passes.. The rules for family members are spelled out very clear. The passes are for friends and family only. To use them otherwise one risks loosing all privileges...

:( It´s so sad, why are airlines so greedy? I read that LAN and TAM are planning to merge. Less competition, another price hike.

As stated above your chance of finding someone to give you a buddy pass is next to nonexistent, employees get a limited number of them to begin with, also when you travel on one you do not get a confirmed seat and have to fly standby, and are the last to be accommodated on the flight it can take days of going back and forth to the airport to finally get a seat.

Without knowing when and where you want to travel exactly, I am seeing fares in the 1,400's for September from EZE-BCN, if you where able to get to GRU i see some fares in the 900's. If you want to post or PM me your exact dates I can give you some more detailed tips to get the best fare.

And by the way I think it is a little off base to call the airlines "Greedy" when they have a net profit margin in the low single digits in the good years, never mind the bad years when they bleed money like a sieve.

If you use a little imagination and are prepared to gamble a little and getting back is really that important to you and you can`t ask the folks at home to bale you out then you still can cut the cost a lot without asking airline people to risk disciplinary action on behalf of someone they don`t even know.

For example a search on momondo.com TODAY (18 Aug) offers a flight from Sao Paulo, Brazil to London TOMORROW (19 Aug) for under four hundred quid, (GBP). A bus to Sao Paul is pretty cheap. In other words, find a cheap place to fly from, go there and jump on the first available cheap flight out.

Back