Cheap suits?

• Thread starter mellowshipslinky
  • Start date
M

mellowshipslinky

Hola todos . . .

I need a suit, will probably wear it twice this year then give it away when I depart, so can anyone advise where to pick up something cheap?

and no, it's not for a court appearance ;)

gracias

there's a place near Bulnes I passed this morning that had Jacket + Pants for ~600 pesos.

After conversion that's not too bad so if nothing else comes up I'll go there... just thought I'd put out some feelers in case there's a massive street of bargain shops I'm unaware of.

You can go to once and get something made out of plastic for 250. First couple of blocks of pueyrredon

You used to be able to get cheap designer suits in the YSL and Christian Dior outlets along Avenida Cordoba. I took my brother there (this was maybe five years ago though) and he got fitted for for a really nice suit for less than £100. He had to have some major modifications made to the trousers (shortened quite a bit and the waist had to be completely changed) and they were very accommodating and didn't charge him any extra for the changes. I'm sure its gone up since then, but you might find something nice for around 1,000 pesos there.
If cheapness is the primary priority though, I saw some cheapo suits (500/600 pesos I think) in a shop along Cabildo (near Juramento). Ithink its called Johnsons.

Cheers, just picked up something half decent for 450 on Corrientes/Puerrydon

Back