chi flat iron

ghost said:
The 220 to 110 is volts but it's how many watts does it draw that will determine your transformer size.

I wanted to find out what on earth this 'chi' thing was (I've lead a very sheltered life) and according to specifications I've seen on the web, the power consumption ranges between 20-25 watts, depending on the model. Which makes sense: if it were any more powerful it wouldn't just straighten your curls, it would blow your head clean off.

Solovely says hers works on 240. I suggest that (a) you read the small print on the one in the OP and (b) look for another reason why the transformer is blowing

i used my chi here for a month or two, tried a bunch of transformers, and in the end gave up and bought an iron here. Its not a chi, but it works and i've gotten used to it.

I used my chi while at my parents over christmas and it stopped working abruptly. it might be because I used it with the wrong electricity for a month, but it might not be - no proof, and doesn't really matter too much to me because i'm living here now.

but - in my opinion (i'm not saying my opinion is better than others) its not worth it to potentially ruin your chi. I think it's a smarter option to get a chi-like straightener here than run the risk.

:) good luck

sketchyblueeyes said:
i used my chi here for a month or two, tried a bunch of transformers, and in the end gave up and bought an iron here. Its not a chi, but it works and i've gotten used to it.

I used my chi while at my parents over christmas and it stopped working abruptly. it might be because I used it with the wrong electricity for a month, but it might not be - no proof, and doesn't really matter too much to me because i'm living here now.

but - in my opinion (i'm not saying my opinion is better than others) its not worth it to potentially ruin your chi. I think it's a smarter option to get a chi-like straightener here than run the risk.

:) good luck

I think I am going to do something like that. I used a transformer (right voltage and watts) this morning and the plates didn't seem to heat up as much as they usually do. I think I'd prefer to find a similar one while here than risking harming my chi. :p :p :p

thanks for all the replies, much appreciated!

Back