Chick Corea

BienTeVeo

Registered
Anyone going tomorrow night? He's playing at Gran Rex with Stanley Clarke and Lenny White. Should be good.

OMG, how could i miss that!!!!????? is he playing one night only?

I know, I only found out about it this afternoon. Bought txs immediately. I believe it's only the one show. But as of a few hours ago, there were still tickets left.

The show was amazing - all acoustic (steinway, upright bass, standard drum kit). The communication between the three was something to behold. But a strange thing happened halfway through. CC announced that they had to take a break to tune the piano. So everyone waited about 20 minutes while the tuner did his work. Now that's pressure. At the end he got a round of applause - "un aplauso para el afinador!.

BienTeVeo said:
The show was amazing - all acoustic (steinway, upright bass, standard drum kit). The communication between the three was something to behold. But a strange thing happened halfway through. CC announced that they had to take a break to tune the piano. So everyone waited about 20 minutes while the tuner did his work. Now that's pressure. At the end he got a round of applause - "un aplauso para el afinador!.

I agree, the show was really good. And I think the acoustics of the concert hall is actually well suited to such a trio. I really enjoyed it !

Back