Children`s Books in English??

You can find a fine selection of second-hand books in English for all ages in Parque Centenario at the FERIA on Sunday. Prices are good but don't expect to pay peanuts like in the USA or the UK. Last Sunday I saw 3 Roald DAhl's books for about $ 18 each.
Good luck!

fifs2 said:
The Kell I go to is the one on Avda La plata in Caballito but the one in Belgrano should be equally if not better stocked re vast quantity of English schools nearby.

Thanks for the info. Do you find they have a lot of books for younger kids, or mostly older kids?

BAwithkids said:
Thanks for the info. Do you find they have a lot of books for younger kids, or mostly older kids?

LOTS for younger kids...we arrived here when my son was 3 months and is is now 7 and he alone has an impressive library of over 200 books and has given away twice as many to his friends (we know the # becaused the movers counted them!). We are complete bookworms in our family and Kell has something for every age including mummy who uses it as an excuse to buy one for herserlf everytime we go for the kids too.

Thanks for the helpful posts! We'll definitely bring some books, but now I have a whole list of places to buy more!

There's an English bookstore in the Dot that has a pretty good selection, and does anyone know if ICANA's library has a lot of children's books?

TexanPaul said:
There's an English bookstore in the Dot that has a pretty good selection, and does anyone know if ICANA's library has a lot of children's books?

What is "the Dot"? And what is "ICANA"?

Thanks!

BAwithkids said:
What is "the Dot"? And what is "ICANA"?

Thanks!

DOT Shopping is a mall. It has a branch of the English bookstore Kel, which people have mentioned earlier. I don't know what ICANA is :)

Back