Christmas & New Years Eve????

captdave said:
RobeartoNYC et. al.

I agree that both Christmas and New Years are not good nights to plan on going out in BsAs. Restaurants are generally either closed or offering expensive fixed menus that are seldom good and always overpriced!

I'm seriously tempted to host a New Years eve party here at the mansion. All I need is a little encouragement in the form of interested folks and it's a done deal!
The roof here is a GREAT place to watch fireworks, and we can probably figure out something to eat while we're waiting for the ball to drop!

One issue is transportation. New Years eve is NOT a great night to find a cab, and the buses tend to be sparse as well. They are running however, and if just a few folks commit we'll do it!

Post here if your interested, and if it sems like a go I'll start a special thread...

Feliz Fiestas!

David

Thanks Captn-

I will have to let you know what I decide. However, if I am there... I'm 100% interested in that! Thanks again! - Robert

citygirl said:
. Last year, I spent Xmas day on a friend's boat wearing a bikini - that's just wrong!

Ummmm.... Doesn't sound too bad. ;) But seriously, I appreciate all the feedback. I'm still up in the air. I should probably book my flight if I'm coming however.

As I'm trying to find something to do on NYE in BA myself, stumbled across this.

Is there anything planned chez Captain Dave ?

If ever transport proves too difficult or CaptDave decides to take a night off from his apparently excellent hosting duties, if anyone is interested in joining in I would be up for doing a dinner/ supper club type evening on the 31st (and could try to organize somewhat, given I only arrive the 30th!).

I think we'll have to organize a great welcome party when Robearto finally arrives to Argentina. I'm in Mar del Plata, but i can travel! xD

I'm seriously tempted to host a New Years eve party here at the mansion. All I need is a little encouragement in the form of interested folks and it's a done deal!
The roof here is a GREAT place to watch fireworks, and we can probably figure out something to eat while we're waiting for the ball to drop!

Hello David,

I would be definitley on and strongly encourage you... Let me know if and how I can be of help.

yo man, u going to be in BA ?? i'll have nothing todo for Xmas or NYE, im going solo too maybe we could link up

mnk0 said:
yo man, u going to be in BA ?? i'll have nothing todo for Xmas or NYE, im going solo too maybe we could link up

I m living in the Mansion, I m one of the ghosts :)
But i can go and get you with the motorcycle, it could be fun ;o)

I was here for Christmas two years ago. I was seriously worried about what I would do as I had nothing pre arranged. Freinds invited me for Christamas eve (which is when the locals celebrate) but there were so many things going on with the expats that I just had a great time.
You will find most businesses do not operate Christmas and new year, but then there are so many here in the same situation, they just get together and make the most of it.
You need to get out on the street midnight christmas eve and new years eve and see all the locals competeing to see who has the best fireworks, it is like a war zone, crazy but fun.
Oh, one other thing new years eve, dances and clubs tend not to be open, they open at midnight after the fireworks, but then few people get to them before maybe two o'clock.

Estopero said:
I think we'll have to organize a great welcome party when Robearto finally arrives to Argentina. I'm in Mar del Plata, but i can travel! xD

Wow I am flattered,

However, I took City Girl's advise and will be staying in the States for Christmas and New years. My ticket to BA has been purchased for Jan 6th.

I can't wait to meet some of you. Happy holidays to all.

Cheers,

Robert

Back