Cilantro/fresh Coriander?

oamter

Registered
Has anyone found cilantro (fresh coriander) in BA? I need some for a meal on saturday and I seem to only find parsley at my verdulerias...

Anyone seen it at a specific supermarket in barrio chino maybe?

Thanks!

Yep barrio chino is the best bet for coriander.
Sometimes the place on Tucuman y Uriburu has it but its hit and miss.

it's called cilantro.

barrio chino, many verdulerias, mercado de san telmo, and the saturday green market in palermo (plaza armenia)

Most verdularias have cilantro. The one near my old house had it at least 75% of the times I asked for it.

All Boliviano verdulerias will have Cilantro if requested,

No Guacamole without Cilantro...!!

P191GUACAMOLE.jpg

If they have it, they normally keep it in the fridge so you won´t see it. 75% of the vedulurias in San Telmo have it.
You can also special order just about ANYTHiNG if you give them two days notice. I once saw someone order unbrined olives to brine at home--didn´t even kmow that was possible! Any spice, weird vegetable, exotic fruit, nuts. . . they often don´t buy them because there is not enough market, but they do exist.
They of course will only order if you are a customer who has gone there for a bit.

Thats funny most times I ask for it in BA they just look at me as if I've asked them for some rare spice. I must be going to the wrong places.

Back