Citizenship for minor children

Rastenburg

Registered
Hello!
Please let me know if minor children of Argentinian temporary residents can apply for Argentine citizenship with their parents (if the whole family lives in Argentina on the basis of temporary residence)?

Thank You!

Last edited:
Hello!
Please let me know if minor children of Argentinian temporary residents can apply for Argentine citizenship with their parents (if the whole family lives in Argentina on the basis of temporary residence)?

Thank You!
Once you get citizenship they can apply for opcion de nacionalidad.

You will be told that they can acquire citizenship only when they are 18 years. I know two friends from two different countries who are told this same info. Also if my memory serves, the member "el cordobés" has mentioned on his experience about how he got citizenship that he was informed that his son (or daughter I don't remember) will have the right to apply for ciudadanía por opción only when he/she gets 18 years old.

My question is: if you are argentino naturalizado and you get married outside Argentina with a non-Argentine woman, your son/daughter will have direct access to the Argentine citizenship or they will have to wait also until they get 18 years old. And will they be considered argentinos nativos or naturalizados?

your son/daughter will have direct access to the Argentine citizenship or they will have to wait also until they get 18 years old
there are 3 types of argentinos
-nativo (born in Argentina)
-naturalizado
-por opcion (son of nativo born outside of Argentina).

Only 1 of them has reallly direct access to the Argentine citizenship- nativo.

there are 3 types of argentinos
-nativo (born in Argentina)
-naturalizado
-por opcion (son of nativo born outside of Argentina).

Only 1 of them has reallly direct access to the Argentine citizenship- nativo.
No. There is only one: nativo.
The argentino por opcion was always argentino.
The argentino naturalizado naturalized means that he became a native.
If you are naturalized your children has the right of opcion.

from here https://www.argentina.gob.ar/obtener-la-ciudadania-argentina#1 "ante el RENAPER (Registro Nacional de las Personas) o registros civiles (si estás en el país)"

I`m naturalized and my kid is foreigner. I go to registro civil(further RC), ask for opcion, RС says they never heard about it, never did it, they ask their boss to help, boss doesn`t know. They start generating ideas like I should go to DNM(...no comment), to my consulate (...yes sure consultae of totally diffrent country will grant argentinian citizenship). Then I show them the link above and they call to some higher collegue to provincial capital or even BsAs. There they say they dont know what to do, send us all to consulate once again, we explain them about consulate. and my RC says , well, you see they dont know what to do even in Capital!
What I do next?

from here https://www.argentina.gob.ar/obtener-la-ciudadania-argentina#1 "ante el RENAPER (Registro Nacional de las Personas) o registros civiles (si estás en el país)"

I`m naturalized and my kid is foreigner. I go to registro civil(further RC), ask for opcion, RС says they never heard about it, never did it, they ask their boss to help, boss doesn`t know. They start generating ideas like I should go to DNM(...no comment), to my consulate (...yes sure consultae of totally diffrent country will grant argentinian citizenship). Then I show them the link above and they call to some higher collegue to provincial capital or even BsAs. There they say they dont know what to do, send us all to consulate once again, we explain them about consulate. and my RC says , well, you see they dont know what to do even in Capital!
What I do next?
You are confused. The enforce the law, they do not interpret it. Judges do it. Opcion de Nacionalidad with naturalized father is at Federal Courts with a lawyer.

Back