Citizenship

You need to get an appointment beforehand can’t just show up noooo.

You need to reserve an appoint to go sending an email. It takes 3-4 months to get an appointment be patient. I had a friend who helped me go faster.
Do you have their email address by any chance/link to the form online? The site still says to go in person, but I'd like to avoid it if they're just going to tell me to go online; thanks!

Do you have their email address by any chance/link to the form online? The site still says to go in person, but I'd like to avoid it if they're just going to tell me to go online; thanks!

Send an email and ask them for the form and the current process. They will let you know what to do. I think there is about a 3-4 months of a backlog so I think they will give you a turno for February or March 2022. Alternatively, if you do it with a lawyer they can do it online and avoid the waiting. Even if you decide to do it yourself might be a good idea to pay a lawyer to at least submit the docs for you. But send an email and ask how much of a delay there is.
[email protected]

I
Hi there! So bit off a strange question, but can’t seem to get it answered definitively online…

I was a temporary resident of BA for 3 years from 2010-2014… DNI renewal every year etc. I then returned back to Europe.

I am considering moving back to BA. Since then the rules around citizenship have changed to 2 years- is it possible to apply for Citizenship now or do I have to start the whole process again?

Pretty sure I know the answer but with Argentina you never know tbh…

I would strongly recommend you to go to their main offices with all the requirements and a written letter explaining why you want to obtain an Argentinean citizenship. The good thing is that you don´t need to schedule an appointment but you can go and personally explain them your situation, I bet they´ll be open and might help you.

Here is the address: Cámara Nacional de Apelaciones en lo Civil y Comercial Federal, ubicada en Talcahuano 550 (Planta Baja, Oficina 2083), en horario de 7.30 a 13.30.

I

I would strongly recommend you to go to their main offices with all the requirements and a written letter explaining why you want to obtain an Argentinean citizenship. The good thing is that you don´t need to schedule an appointment but you can go and personally explain them your situation, I bet they´ll be open and might help you.

Here is the address: Cámara Nacional de Apelaciones en lo Civil y Comercial Federal, ubicada en Talcahuano 550 (Planta Baja, Oficina 2083), en horario de 7.30 a 13.30.
Sorry but that is useless. First of all they attend only with turno these days and it takes months to get one. Second of all they are bureaucrats and follow the rules and the law. They do not have the right to say no to start the process but it will go nowhere as enemigo was a temporary resident many years ago and has since left. If they were permanent resident maybe they could make the argument but as a temp resident it will go nowhere.

True you need a turno. The last 2 turnos I got was for the next 1/3 days not 3/4 months.
Wrong about the letter, there are forms, used for the last 2500 because an affidavit is good enough.
Wrong about asking advice to the the Court employeds.
Wrong that without PR you go no where.

Sorry but that is useless. First of all they attend only with turno these days and it takes months to get one. Second of all they are bureaucrats and follow the rules and the law. They do not have the right to say no to start the process but it will go nowhere as enemigo was a temporary resident many years ago and has since left. If they were permanent resident maybe they could make the argument but as a temp resident it will go nowhere.

Well I got into their offices with no turno and talk with a lovely lady who told me I could ask for the citizenship with no need of the 2 years, I just needed to explain the judge my situation in a written letter. Now, If you guys want or don´t want to believe this is up to you, not me; and with that: have a good day.

1. True you need a turno. The last 2 turnos I got was for the next 1/3 days not 3/4 months.
2. Wrong about the letter, there are forms, used for the last 2500 because an affidavit is good enough.
3. Wrong about asking advice to the the Court employeds.
4. Wrong that without PR you go no where.
1.You are saying you can get turno for asignacion de causa at Talcahuano 550 for the next 1-3 days? No way. It's a wait time of several months. We are NOT talking about a turno for the Secretaria/Juzgado but for Inicio Tramite.
2. You are missing the point. He/she has NOT started the citizenship application. No one at the oficia de asignacion de causa le voy a dar bola with an affidavit.
3. See point 2.
4. Of course you don't need PR. I got mine with temporaria only but Enemigo HAD a temp residence almost a decade ago and has since left and abandoned their residence without starting a citizenship process. They need to at least be back in the country to apply. If they do without waiting at least a year most courts will either reject or significantly delay their application and they will need a lawyer for sure for such a complicated case, and even then it will be many years of waiting...

Well I got into their offices with no turno and talk with a lovely lady who told me I could ask for the citizenship with no need of the 2 years, I just needed to explain the judge my situation in a written letter. Now, If you guys want or don´t want to believe this is up to you, not me; and with that: have a good day.
good luck.

Back