Citizenship

Well I got into their offices with no turno and talk with a lovely lady who told me I could ask for the citizenship with no need of the 2 years, I just needed to explain the judge my situation in a written letter. Now, If you guys want or don´t want to believe this is up to you, not me; and with that: have a good day.
You were lucky to talk with the wife of the Secretario Vidal of Court 6th. The other 5 employeds there are not so nice. one of them boasts of being the great-granddaughter of Sarmiento, the most racist President we had who who ordered all the former slaves that he could to die in the war with Paraguay.

1.You are saying you can get turno for asignacion de causa at Talcahuano 550 for the next 1-3 days? No way. It's a wait time of several months. We are NOT talking about a turno for the Secretaria/Juzgado but for Inicio Tramite.
2. You are missing the point. He/she has NOT started the citizenship application. No one at the oficia de asignacion de causa le voy a dar bola with an affidavit.
3. See point 2.
4. Of course you don't need PR. I got mine with temporaria only but Enemigo HAD a temp residence almost a decade ago and has since left and abandoned their residence without starting a citizenship process. They need to at least be back in the country to apply. If they do without waiting at least a year most courts will either reject or significantly delay their application and they will need a lawyer for sure for such a complicated case, and even then it will be many years of waiting...
1. 1/3 working days for a turno for applying for citizenship.
2. The form you filled out to start the case is an affidavit.
3. See point 2.
4. You have 50% chances of saving time, you are protected from deportation or a rejection at the border.

Update: Swearing-in/juramento was on Nov 4, very same day I went to Renaper (25 de mayo) to apply for the DNI as argentino with la carta de ciudadania. The whole process took 10 min. The following day I had already been assigned a new DNI number and the DNI was in production and received an activation code (via email) for the Digital DNI in mi Argentina. Physical DNI arrived on 17 Nov, in less than 2 weeks. The whole process can be tracked online and seems very efficient. Applied for a passport earlier this week. Was told it would take 3 weeks but I am guessing it would be quicker. Can't complain -- it's crazy the passport still costs only 1.500 pesos and the DNI is 300.

my case is moving along. i dropped off all my paper work maybe 2 months ago. Hoping it doesnt' take for freaking ever. I've been able to follow up on the activity on my case online.

my case is moving along. i dropped off all my paper work maybe 2 months ago. Hoping it doesnt' take for freaking ever. I've been able to follow up on the activity on my case online.

Same, just checked mine and I can see it.

I Emailed the court last week as dsp27 suggested and got a turno for this week. This week I went to the Supreme Court, did the paperwork in the office and dropped off all my paperwork at the judges' office across from the court/Lavalle Plaza. I checked the Sistema de Consultas Web PJN and it's all registered as in process all ready.

Honestly gotta say, it was a very straightforward process, and the complete opposite of my username. I had a more difficult time getting a SUBE card when I first visited Argentina that doing this, hopefully I don't jinx it haha.

If you're lucky you'll get the Brazilian lady, very friendly and patient.

Same, just checked mine and I can see it.

I Emailed the court last week as dsp27 suggested and got a turno for this week. This week I went to the Supreme Court, did the paperwork in the office and dropped off all my paperwork at the judges' office across from the court/Lavalle Plaza. I checked the Sistema de Consultas Web PJN and it's all registered as in process all ready.

Honestly gotta say, it was a very straightforward process, and the complete opposite of my username. I had a more difficult time getting a SUBE card when I first visited Argentina that doing this, hopefully I don't jinx it haha.

If you're lucky you'll get the Brazilian lady, very friendly and patient.
Haha love the Brazilian Lady! It seems like I was wrong and they have cleared the backlog and you can now get turnos within days. When I applied in March they were giving out turnos for May.

I started citizenship process in October/November. Today I'm at the "publish in the newspaper" step. The Jueza says we should be wrapped up by March or so for the carta de cuidania

Pretty quick so far. This is in Entre Rios.

Interesting, at lunch I was checking and the PJN website shows mine:

November: Entered the PJN system
Last week: FIRMA DESPACHO (RECARATULAR - VISTA AL FISCAL)
Later last week: MOVIMIENTO (EN LETRA)

Not sure what step in the process I am at overall, but the impression I got from others is things are being processed
faster these days than when others naturalized; hoping this is the case for myself as well.

Interesting, at lunch I was checking and the PJN website shows mine:

November: Entered the PJN system
Last week: FIRMA DESPACHO (RECARATULAR - VISTA AL FISCAL)
Later last week: MOVIMIENTO (EN LETRA)

Not sure what step in the process I am at overall, but the impression I got from others is things are being processed
faster these days than when others naturalized; hoping this is the case for myself as well.
It means there is potentially something wrong with your case since it was sent to the Fiscal and under "RECARATULAR". I would leave this to Bajo to advise as he is the legal guru here. Did you have 2 years of residence at the time of the application? Or an Argentine child?

Back