Citizenship

If you don't have a DNI, the only way I know of that you can apply for Argentine citizenship is through a lawyer, preferably one with enough experience to know the "easiest" jurisdiciton in which to apply.

As Bajo_cero2 (a lawyer who specializes in citizenship for foreigners without a DNI) indicated, ownnig real estate in Argentina is not a factor in obtaining citizenship, while living here "most of the time" is.

A lawyer could present your application to the "easiest" jurisdiction soon after you arrive in Argentina (even as a tourist), but, if you "won't really stay here" for at least "most of the time" for the following two years, there won't be any point in applying in the first place.

If you have no desire (and aren't willing) to stay in Argentina for most of the two years it would take for you to get citizenship here, and if getting another passport is your top priority, I suggest you search for a country in which buying property will lead to citizenship there.
Well, I am the father of a 3-year-old native Argentine, the property will be for him if ever he wants to live here when he grows up. And I am just waiting for my DNI to arrive to apply. Don't get me wrong, I love Argentina but unfortunately I am no able to stay in any country in the world for more than 1 month currently because of my professional activities. Thank you Steve, I always like your recommendations!

You mean I need to hire a lawyer?
No, I didn't mean that.

Based on having an Argentine child, I think you would have been able to apply for citizenship without a DNI, without having to satisfy the two year residency requirement, and without using a lawyer.

Already having the DNI when you apply for citizenship is icing on the cake.

Now all you need to know is, given your situation, how important (if at all) is it to find an "easy jurisdiciton" in which to apply.

No, I didn't mean that.

Based on having an Argentine child, I think you would have been able to apply for citizenship without a DNI, without having to satisfy the two year residency requirement, and without using a lawyer.

Already having the DNI when you apply for citizenship is icing on the cake.

Now all you need to know is, given your situation, how important (if at all) is it to find an "easy jurisdiciton" in which to apply.
Thank you for clarifying! Hopefully someone here will have the answer for the jurisdiction.

Thank you for clarifying! Hopefully someone here will have the answer for the jurisdiction.
Bajo may have previously mentioned one ot two, but in a short answer that would be difficult to find in a search.

Hopefully, he (or whoever knows) will once again provide that info.

Well, I am the father of a 3-year-old native Argentine, the property will be for him if ever he wants to live here when he grows up. And I am just waiting for my DNI to arrive to apply. Don't get me wrong, I love Argentina but unfortunately I am no able to stay in any country in the world for more than 1 month currently because of my professional activities. Thank you Steve, I always like your recommendations!
If you have family in Argentina, then your physical presence is not 100% mandatory.
According to the Civil Code, the address of the wife is the address of the husband. The same we can say regarding your child in case you are not married.

If you have family in Argentina, then your physical presence is not 100% mandatory.
According to the Civil Code, the address of the wife is the address of the husband. The same we can say regarding your child in case you are not married.
Well, my son is currently attending school in the Dominican Republic, so he and my wife are there.

Back