Coca Mate - Interesting to try

Now if I want to bring some of these coca mate back home to u.s. will I be arrested for importing cocaine ??? will cocaine show up in my blood if i get a drug tested at work??

Coca is not cocaine according to Evo. But you can check the internetz.

@Lee; good stuff. tried it in Peru a couple years ago.

Be careful, most of those things will make you test positive for coke.

I love coca tea. The best is fresh brewed loose leaf coca leaves. Isn't it illegal to sell in Argentina though? I might have to go pick up a box of the stuff.

Lee said:
I guess not...they had it right in the window for all to see.

no rules baby!

I second the be careful opinion. In peru they say `ah, it's not the same thing`, and, in a way, they are right, it's not at all the same as cocaine. But it's still additive, like coffee. Try it but I wouldn't go crazy with it.

Sugar, caffine, alcohol, ass, there's more to BA than drugs :D

Coca leaves can be pretty potent. When I was in Cusco I had the opportunity to chew some leaves with some of the locals and they chew the leaves with a little pinch of this black gooey stuff that activates the alkaloids in the coca. It gives you a a pretty good buzz and will make your mouth completely numb.

Coca tea on the otherhand is completely harmless and quite tasty in my opinion. Great for altitude sickness.

Yeah, they sell it in the markets and the coca shops in Cusco. It comes in a couple of different forms. There's the "black gooey stuff" as I had mentioned before that is sweetened and I believe it is called llipta(I think that's how it is spelled) and it's from Bolivia. There is also a much harder rock like substance that I believe is made from the ash of the quinoa plant and lime that is basically the same thing.

Back