cocktails

seeker

Registered
This may have been covered before..but does anyone have any recommendations for a good , not to expensive place to go for cocktails?

I've only been to Milion in the Recoleta, though it's not terribly cheap. There was a thread earlier that referred to Godoy (?) on Godoy Cruz and Paraguay as a good place though.

That's a very broad question. Are you looking for a bar with great drinks? A lounge? A pub? What's not expensive?

Mute
Carnal
Belushi
Congo
Godoy
Limbo

Good cocktails (but probably not cheap) can be had at Bardot. The bartender is great. I can't think of anywhere else right now.

Thanks for your replies people. Citygirl, I'm not really sure what not too expensive means myself, but prolly a goodish Margarita should come in around 15 pesos-in a cheap place. I mean, the basic ingredients and labour here are inexpensive.For instance, I'm pretty sure that if you know where to look, you could get a passable cocktail in say, London for not much more than this despite our 35 peso/hour minimum wage and high alcohol prices...

I'm asking this question because I was talking to an American girl on this very topic who told me about a terrible, expensive Margarita she had had....And I offered to help. So here I am...

Now I think about it, the cheaper the better. I would love to find a five peso Margarita, but then, I would love to get a four course dinner at the Savoy for $3.99. With complementary Margaritas and all you can eat duck and pancakes and hoysin sauce with those little strips of cucumber and a heap of lager

Bardot has great cocktails, but they are certainly not as cheap as you require. If you find good 5 peso margaritas let us know....

the problem is that ther's no drinking culture in bsas, where else in the world do they drink fernet-cola?
Very few barmans know how to do good drinks, and if they do, you pay them what you would in Europe, or Italy al least.
Places like 878 do good drinks, but prices have really gone up in the last year. I didnt come all the way to bsas to pay a mojito 25ars!
so the best thing is to do them at home!!thats what i do. youtube has tutorials for every drink in the world, and you can make them as strong as you want!
My bar man brother does this great coktail, zenzerino, its like a mojito but instead of putting mint you put chunks of peeled ginger, and instead of using rhum put vodka.
enjoy!

Well, fernet-cola IS disgusting...but it´s a lot of fun too! the zenzerino sounds good. I´ll try that next time I have ginger but no mint!

beba said:
the problem is that ther's no drinking culture in bsas, where else in the world do they drink fernet-cola?
Very few barmans know how to do good drinks, and if they do, you pay them what you would in Europe, or Italy al least.
Places like 878 do good drinks, but prices have really gone up in the last year. I didnt come all the way to bsas to pay a mojito 25ars!
so the best thing is to do them at home!!thats what i do. youtube has tutorials for every drink in the world, and you can make them as strong as you want!
My bar man brother does this great coktail, zenzerino, its like a mojito but instead of putting mint you put chunks of peeled ginger, and instead of using rhum put vodka.
enjoy!

I totally agree with you! Now I know you'd like Bardot. The bar man is very good. But they have the same prices as 878.

We also make our own cocktails at home. My favorite now is our homemade caipirinha, but another on you might try is a cosmo make with vanilla vodka.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Expat Life 3