Coffee Chat Tuesday Feb 23, 4-7Pm (Palermo)

GMXam

Registered
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Coffee Chat this week will be at Starbucks Alto Palermo in Palermo. See ya there![/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]4-7pm Tuesday, February 23, 2016[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Starbucks - Alto Palermo Shopping[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Corner of Arenales and Coronel Diaz[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Look for the BAEXPATS sign. Convenient to many bus lines and Subte D (Bulnes stop).[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Coffee Chat is a scheduled event where people meet for coffee/drinks to talk with others about what they're doing around BA, meet new people who they can hang out with, ask questions about personal travel or living experiences here and in other countries, etc. Everyone is welcome. For those that prefer to speak Spanish, we have several who would opt in. For those who want to practice English, this is the typical language spoken so you'll have plenty of practice.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]If you're new to BA, come by. We can try to get you connected with people that share your interests.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Cheers![/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] [/background]

I went for the first time on February 9 after receiving a PM from someone in the group asking why I didn't attend. I expected to find the group inside Starbuck's, but they were gathered outside on the patio. I heard English conversation and knew I'd found them.

What surprised me the most was that three members of the group are Argentines who lived in the USA. All are retired and enjoying life here.

I moved around the table to have conversations with others, everything from travel to politics. Those who arrived early left and were replaced by new ones. Only three women participated.

Only one or two in the group bought something from Starbuck's (not required to use the table).

The chat lasted past 9:00pm.

I went for the first time on February 9 after receiving a PM from someone in the group asking why I didn't attend. I expected to find the group inside Starbuck's, but they were gathered outside on the patio. I heard English conversation and knew I'd found them.

What surprised me the most was that three members of the group are Argentines who lived in the USA. All are retired and enjoying life here.

I moved around the table to have conversations with others, everything from travel to politics. Those who arrived early left and were replaced by new ones. Only three women participated.

Only one or two in the group bought something from Starbuck's (not required to use the table).

The chat lasted past 9:00pm.

Glad you made it out that day. I was not at the Palermo chat that day, but yes, we do sit outside due to the acoustics inside being so difficult to hear each other. Also, it's much easier to find a table where we can expand outside than inside.

Reminder about coffee chat in Palermo tomorrow, Tuesday, February 23, 4-7pm

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Coffee Chat this week will be at Starbucks Alto Palermo in Palermo. See ya there![/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]4-7pm Tuesday, February 23, 2016[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Starbucks - Alto Palermo Shopping[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Corner of Arenales and Coronel Diaz[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Look for the BAEXPATS sign. Convenient to many bus lines and Subte D (Bulnes stop).[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Coffee Chat is a scheduled event where people meet for coffee/drinks to talk with others about what they're doing around BA, meet new people who they can hang out with, ask questions about personal travel or living experiences here and in other countries, etc. Everyone is welcome. For those that prefer to speak Spanish, we have several who would opt in. For those who want to practice English, this is the typical language spoken so you'll have plenty of practice.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]If you're new to BA, come by. We can try to get you connected with people that share your interests.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Cheers![/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] [/background]

Back