Coffee Chat, Tuesday May 9, 5:30-6:30 Pm (Alto Palermo)

gracielle

Registered
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]COFFEE CHATS ARE BACK AT ALTO PALERMO![/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]FALL-WINTER SCHEDULE....EVERY TUESDAY from 5:30 - 6:30 pm. [/background]
Persons in attendance who wish to stay beyond 6:30 pm are welcome to do so.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Come and join English-speaking expats for another lively and informative CHAT at Starbucks, Arenales 3360, corner of Av. Cnel Diaz, one block from the BULNES station on the subway Line D.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]It is a WEEKLY recurrent activity and a NO-HOST event.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]WHOEVER GETS THERE FIRST, PLEASE SECURE ONE OF THE LARGE TABLES.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]NEWCOMERS are always welcome! Find answers to many of your questions from expats from different parts of the world who reside in Buenos Aires. [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Meet new people with interests in common. [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Share travel experiences with the group.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Intermediate to high conversational skills are required to partake in the many on-going conversations.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]We gather [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]OUTSIDE[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] at one of the public tables. Look for the [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]COFFEE CHAT[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] sign.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Par[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]ticipants enjoy the outdoor sitting area in Alto Palermo. Coffee, tea, shakes and sweets can be purchased from Starbucks and McDonald's.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]FALL IS IN THE AIR. The outdoor heaters will be on. SEE YOU ALL THERE![/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]P.S. Kindly place your disposable items in the garbage cans before departure. The last ones leaving, please make sure the chairs are left in order. Thank you[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] [/background]

Hi Gracielle.... Thank you for pushing back the meet up time to 5:30 pm. Long time overdue.
I usually take a nap after lunch so the old 4:00 PM meet up time was always a challenge.
See you Tuesday.

Hi Gracielle.... Thank you for pushing back the meet up time to 5:30 pm. Long time overdue.
I usually take a nap after lunch so the old 4:00 PM meet up time was always a challenge.
See you Tuesday.

D.B.....you're welcome. Glad to hear it works for you. Others may find the new hours equally as positive for a variety of reasons. An advantage I see is that at 5:30 pm the public area is less crowded and noisy. There is a higher chance of obtaining a table under the canopy where the heaters are located.

I am not a big Starbucks fan but one of these days, I will try to make it to put some faces to all these names ;)

I am not a big Starbucks fan but one of these days, I will try to make it to put some faces to all these names ;)

I am sure other expats look forward to seeing you in person as well. I know I do.

The meetup is in the public outdoor sector of Alto Palermo. Consumption at Starbucks or McD's is not mandatory while sitting there for a couple of hours. But like any other business, they "encourage" sales of their products. I choose to buy the takeaway coffee from the McCafe or bring a thermos from home with my preferred brand of tea.

So---- I decided to give the coffee chat a try.

I went to Starbucks, bought a coffee, went outside and tried to find a sign? or people speaking English?

I sat down by a lady reading a book --- thinking she was the only possibility --but she moved and went to a different table.

Hmmmmm--

I went to Starbucks, bought a coffee, went outside and tried to find a sign? or people speaking English?

I sat down by a lady reading a book --- thinking she was the only possibility --but she moved and went to a different table.

Hmmmmm--

ha ha ha!

We made a April fool of you!

Hmmmmm--

I was the one reading the book, P.D. James' Death in Holy Orders. The group sitting at the same table happen to belong to a local organization for mentally challenged adults who were out for an outing. And behind me, occupying two other tables, were 6-8 young teenagers playing rap music. It is a public area so after 15 minutes I decided to move away from the big table. Sorry we did not connect. It's too bad you did not approach me while we were sitting at the same table. Other expats arrived around 5:45 pm and we stayed until 7:30 pm. Hope to see you next time!

Back