Coffeeshop in Palermo Viejo-- please suggest

JennPiscopo

Registered
Hi all,

I need to choose a meet-up point for some friends near the Plaza Serrano in Palermo. I was thinking just a coffeeshop would do...

...but while I know area, I never rememed place or street names!

There's a bookstore nearby that has a coffeeshop inside-- does anyone remember the name and/or address?

Can anyone suggest another nice place?

Thanks!
~ Jenn

hey mark's deli on armenia and el salvador is my suggestion. great coffee bar selection, sandwiches and salads. it is cash only however.

The bookstore you refer to is probably La Boutique Del Libro and it is in the 1700 block of Thames. The cafe part, surrounded by books, is divided into two sections, one for smokers and one for non smokers. But the smoke leeches out, in case you don't like that kind of thing.

HDM said:
The bookstore you refer to is probably La Boutique Del Libro and it is in the 1700 block of Thames. The cafe part, surrounded by books, is divided into two sections, one for smokers and one for non smokers. But the smoke leeches out, in case you don't like that kind of thing.

This is right where RUSSELL runs into Thames. Next door to "Palermo House" hostel... my first bed in Buenos Aires.

It definitely has a nice vibe and I didn't notice the smoke issues, but I was having my first Spanish class and I was trying to stay focused. But then I lost concentration when this song started playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51V1VMkuyx0

And I've associated that song with that coffee shop/ bookstore and Buenos Aires in general ever since. (I even saw them last ~October at the BsAs Design Center's outdoor stage, so that sealed it for me.)

That was also the day that my Spanish tutor started tipping with 10 centavo monedas and I thought that it was totally demeaning... and I hinted as much and my tutor responded "It's ok, she takes the bus." Which I thought was absolutely condescending and laughingly said so. My tutor responded that it was true and that she would be happy to have the monedas. I had no idea how right she was.

So good coffee shop. The only others I can think of are the Starbucks on Malabia near Gorriti and then there's one on Armenia or Gurruchaga at about El Salvador (I think) that is on the corner and has an Orange awning. (Maybe that's the one in the first response.)

Back