Collaborative Project on Shady Practices Among Taxi Vendors at AEP

Jerry Nelson

Registered
I am working with a couple Argentine journos on a piece about corrupt taxi vendors at Aeroparque Jorge Newbery (AEP) and would love to hear your pertinent stories.

Of course, I'll keep you anonymous if you choose. You can email me at [email protected]; please use 'Taxi Vendor' as the subject line.

I am working with a couple Argentine journos on a piece about corrupt taxi vendors at Aeroparque Jorge Newbery (AEP) and would love to hear your pertinent stories.

Of course, I'll keep you anonymous if you choose. You can email me at [email protected]; please use 'Taxi Vendor' as the subject line.
If you mean fares, the AEP taxi QR code system has been a game changer. Not much leeway for dodginess for taxis anymore. At worst they don’t advertise the QR code system. May work at the AEP international arrival. But the sign is really obvious at the domestic arrival of AEP so really can’t see much they can do.

If you mean fares, the AEP taxi QR code system has been a game changer. Not much leeway for dodginess for taxis anymore. At worst they don’t advertise the QR code system. May work at the AEP international arrival. But the sign is really obvious at the domestic arrival of AEP so really can’t see much they can do.
Yes, a friend arrived last night at AEP and paid 3000 pesos to Colegiales with the QR code. It's great that the taxi mafia was stopped there.

The same mafia might still be active at the Buquebus terminal, though (it's about 9 months since I was there, but it used to be necessary to walk to at least Av. Colon, if not further, to flag down a taxi for a normal metered fare).

Yes, a friend arrived last night at AEP and paid 3000 pesos to Colegiales with the QR code. It's great that the taxi mafia was stopped there.

The same mafia might still be active at the Buquebus terminal, though (it's about 9 months since I was there, but it used to be necessary to walk to at least Av. Colon, if not further, to flag down a taxi for a normal metered fare).
Same thing at AEP you can walk out on the Avenue and Wave a regular taxi by the meter..Or wait for hours on the line for the QR code, etc.

Same thing at AEP you can walk out on the Avenue and Wave a regular taxi by the meter..Or wait for hours on the line for the QR code, etc.
I just walk north to the taxi lane at international arrival of aeroparque regardless. Usually way shorter queues than at domestic arrivals

I just walk north to the taxi lane at international arrival of aeroparque regardless. Usually way shorter queues than at domestic arrivals
Interesting .. some arriving taxis are forbidden from lifting passengers.

Right-o, resurrecting this thread. First world problems especially in the light of the current situation. But it all adds up
Just got in at AEP and of course the taxi rank a AEP international arrivals ‘lost’ the QR code sign.

So I went to the domestic arrivals taxi rank where they are pretty good at keeping the QR always on display. Looks like the int and dom taxi ranks operate independently from each other. Got my QR ticket and went back to the international taxi rank where they honored the QR fee.

Yeah here is my story

Arrive at the airport late at night, no pesos, the bank ATM's are all locked up. I have 0 pesos and no way to obtain any. ZERO possibility to obtain pesos understand??

Have a pre booking at the only official taxi stand. An 80 percent blind man with awful disabilities comes and grabs my bags, I have flown into BS AS 100 times so I know exactly how this ends. I yank my bag out of his hand and say in spanish "I have no money. NO HAY PLATA."

He leads me out to the taxi. He demands money. He looks at me with his disabled eyes and demands money repeatedly. I tell him "NO HAY PLATA"

He looks at me with his pathetic disabled eyes and has a conversation with the taxi driver where they discuss what a heartless yankee piece of shit I am while not knowing I speak perfect spanish and understand everything they say. There's a lot more but I done typing

I then experience a 30 minute drive into the microcentro with someone I know thinks I am a piece of shit and in his own words "hates yankee scum like this"

Finally to the blind man who scams tourists out of their money at EZE... some people deserve to be disabled and you are one of those people. I speak spanish so I know,everything you have said. You are scum and I hope you have many years of suffering ahead. I look forward to flying into EZE for many years and never giving you a single peso meanwhile you won't remember who I am because you are blind. LOL.

Back