Colonia anyone?

Popper

Registered
It's come time to renew my visa so I'm heading to Colonia on Friday. I'm going alone and thought I'd throw a post to see if by chance anyone else was going so I'd have someone to meet up and explore with. Unfortunately someone at work booked me out of the port in La Boca...has anyone been in/out of there? I'm not returning until 9pm and I know it can be a dodgy area...Let me know if you happen to be going. Saludos.

edit: if anyone has suggestions of places to go, things to see, hole in the wall restaurants, etc., that would be much appreciated as well.

Keep away from El Torreon, it looks nice but they will rip you off.
Not all places in Colonia are bad though we did find a nice little place in the centre right by the square, Sorry but I cannot remember the name, if it comes to me I will repost.

The good place was called El Drugstore, nice food very cheap. Although that was last Christmas.:D
Also try this site http://www.mapacolonia.com/
You can zoom in pick out food, car hire ATMs whatever.
When you land just walk up to the tourist information and ask for a map, they will also direct you how to get to the centre. If you can walk you do not need a taxi. It is only ten minutes on foot, and you see far more this way.

Thanks for the info and map. I read about El Drugstore in TimeOut and would definitely like to give it a shot. I plan to be on foot pretty much the entire day, so I plan to walk most anywhere. Thanks again.

tangobob said:
The good place was called El Drugstore, nice food very cheap. Although that was last Christmas. . . .
It also serves tasty, if a bit pricey, ice cream. Although that was a couple of years ago.

Back