Colonia?

TX_Traveler

Registered
It's about that time for me to sail across the waters for a stamp! If anyone is interested in going with me I am planning a trip for the weekend before Christmas. I have not decided if I am going to make it a day trip or a weekend with a trip to Montevideo. Suggestions welcomed! PM me if you are interested.

I just went yesterday.

REMEMBER:

Uruguay is ONE HOUR AHEAD OF ARGENTINA!!!

I'm not saying that I forgot that because Cristina chose not to push the clocks up, we are no longer the same time as Uruguay, but... Here's my Facebook status update:

[Napoleon]
was (un)pleasantly reminded that Argentina chose NOT to turn their clocks forward (thanks Presidenta Cristina) while Uruguay did (like originally planned) when he arrived to the port in Colonia "an hour early" to catch his ferry back to BA only to watch it slowly pull away from the dock.

Is going to Colonia cheaper than getting your passport stamped in Buenos Aires?

I reas on french travelling forums that getting the stamp renewed for 3 month costs 100 pesos . Would the ticket to colonia be cheaper?

fifilafiloche said:
Is going to Colonia cheaper than getting your passport stamped in Buenos Aires?

I reas on french travelling forums that getting the stamp renewed for 3 month costs 100 pesos . Would the ticket to colonia be cheaper?

1) The stamp is now AR$300.

2) My ferry to Colonia (fast boat each way) was AR$218 roundtrip (a.k.a. "return")

3) You can go to the immigration office twice a year, but not in succession.

4) The immigration office takes less time out of your day by A LOT.

5) After a while (year or two), the immigration office won't give you a tourist stamp.

6) You will most probably spend money in Uruguay that will take your total trip cost up to/ or over the AR$300.

@fifilafiloche: I read on french travelling forums
Which ones? lesquels s il te plait?

Make sure to book your ticket through the Spanish site of Buquebus (not the English) or your ticket will be about 15% more expensive.

Back