Colonia

I know it is not the same situation, but hear this: my Argentine husband went to Montevideo for a day trip last week. He had to withdraw a small amount of $ from an account we have there and pay for the storage space where we keep our furniture (we lived there for 1 year and most of our stuff is still there).

When he was taking the bus for Colonia at the MVD terminal, a man approached him an identified himself as a policeman. He politely asked him to follow him to an office in the cargo area, checked his DNI, and asked what he'd been doing in MVD.

He explained, and they (at that point, another policeman in civilian clothes had joined them) asked for proof. My husband showed them the slip from the bank and the invoice from the storage place and that was it...they let him go. They said that it was strange that he was traveling without luggage....

Just wanted to share this...I wonder where he was singled out...upon his entrance in Colonia? Exit from Argentina? Or was it just a routine check at the bus terminal?

Back