Coming from Spain

Teresa

Registered
Hallo everybody. My family and I are planning to arrive in BA at the end of summer. Could any of you recomend me a good British School for my son who is seven, near the area where all the Embassys are? (sorry I do not know the name? Thank you very much in advance

Most of the people I know here, they go to Lincoln School. But thats in Olivos. I don´t know which embassy u mean.

They could also go to a local public school and take classes in facial piercing and mullet growing.

If you have a daughter, go ahead and start researching field hockey sticks, because she won't be seen without one while in a school uniform until after she turns 18.

ALSO, Your kids are going to be starting school a month+ into the 2nd semester of the year. You do know that, don't you? Seems to be an odd time to change schools.

Thank you to all of you. I know we are arriving in the middle of the school year but we have no got any choice. We would like to live in la Recoleta or near Jardín botánico_ zoologico. Could you advice me on british schools in that area? Is it easy to find apartments,are they expensive? I am a bit nervous about moving there.. I hope you understand

Lincoln is on American System New school year August-December
Other schools either February-July or March-July (Fall term) Spring term is August/September-December. Some school just started last week.
Most British Schools are in the Northern suburbs. Check the blog posts...

Teresa said:
Thank you to all of you. I know we are arriving in the middle of the school year but we have no got any choice. We would like to live in la Recoleta or near Jardín botánico_ zoologico. Could you advice me on british schools in that area? Is it easy to find apartments,are they expensive? I am a bit nervous about moving there.. I hope you understand

Gosh yes, you do sound a bit nervous. You sound as if you have suddenly been given the news of your move and want to get everything organised right away! Trawling through the archives here will tell you plenty since other people before have been in similar situations but if you don't find everything you need - ask! Are the Embassies important to you? If you will be working for an Embassy I am pretty sure that you will get lots of help and advice from your employer and from chatting to other staff who were posted to Buenos Aires before you. And you may find answers to questions such as which school or where to live come down to practical matters such as "where do the rest of the Embassy staff send their children."

Good luck!

Back