Coming to ba in 3 months. Just some quick questions...

Superjr137

Registered
Hi everyone my name is Juan and im not in ba yet but I will be in about 3 months. I just had some questions before I go so I can have a great time there and not forget anything. I'm 23 years old and I'm going so I can learn Spanish. I also have some friends down there. So here are some questions I have, any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

How much money should I bring for 5 months? Not including rent. I plan on going out a bit and maybe travel to brazil.

Where's the best place to find some cheap flights? I live in California.

I want to play some soccer while I'm down there, is there any place I can play with a league or just with friends?

1. Budget for US$1000 pcm excluding rent and spanish lessons.
2. STA Travel / Sky Scanner
3. There is a group called 'Futbol Amigos' which organises games and is 40 pesos per player per game

Besides rent and Spanish lessons, budget the same as you would for California.

I just got here from CA (flew in from LAX) and got a 3 month roundtrip for about $1,300 on United and bought it 2 months ahead of time. I looked pretty much everywhere but got that price from Kayak, just keep watching it often until your ready to buy but its not going to get much lower than that.

Thank you guys very much for the info. I will be saving up my money till I get there. I have about $2,000 saved up right now but I still need to buy my ticket. And as for tickets the cheapest I have found is 1,300 as well but I will keep looking for cheaper. And thank you for the information about playing soccer.
And eturner67 let me know how your trip goes. I'm really interested in your experience.

I know an international group of footballers who meet every week to play and it seems fun. You can find some more info here www.fcbafa.com
Saludos and good luck!

I agree with Fireman123's estimate of $1000 per month excluding rent and Spanish lessons. This would also be enough to eat out at restaurants a few times a week with drinks afterwards. I think even without Spanish lessons you will probably need a minimum of 8k plus money for the ticket. Also, don't forget about the $140 "reciprocal fee" you'll pay in the airport.

Back