Commute From Olivos To Downtown

But saldias is recoleta in the Paseo Alcorta shopping center http://maps.google.com.ar/maps?hl=es-419&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.eWU&bpcl=40096503&biw=1280&bih=644&wrapid=tlif135582006311410&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Paseo+Alcorta+shopping+center&fb=1&gl=ar&hq=Paseo+Alcorta+shopping+center&cid=0,0,4443147809586556558&sa=X&ei=LSzQULLSMI-i8ATUlYGQCQ&ved=0CJEBEPwSMAM
It is the only line that has intermediate station. The Línea Mitre this collapsed and abandoned by a poor private management. You will need to wait a year to the State to fix it

Have you lived here in the summer?

A I R C O N D I T I O N I N G ! ! !

Out of curiosity - why would you live in Olivos if you're working downtown?

Best is to take Bus no. 29. Directly from Olivos to Recoleta - 40-60 mins depending upon traffic, decent frequency, you might get a seat too, add avoid time in walking to trains/subte.

^^^^^^^ Because it's peaceful and quiet.
I hated every minute of it.

On the FC Belgrano Norte train (the red ones), there's also a short distance train that goes to Boulogne then stops (Boulogne is not that far from Olivos), so I guess it must go back to Retiro after that. The frequency of this train is likely low though. Can be useful to be seated.

It depends on where in Olivos you are, if you´re close to Libertador then you will have the Tigre train that stops at Olivos, but no buses other than the 168 (which comes every half hour and is not reliable) or the 29 (which is not the fastest) to take you downtown. If you live near Maipu then you have the Mitre train, I personally prefer it allthough it is less frequent because the scenery is nicer, and since Mitre is the terminal there are better chances of getting a seat. Again the route you decide to take from there will depend on where in Recoleta you have to go. Retiro is one option, another is Tres de Febero train/subway station in palermo and connect to subway. Otherwise you have the 59 and 60 buses that go from Maipu and leave you in the Recoleta area, frequency is v. good and it takes aprox. 1hr once you get on the bus depending on traffic.
Once you get on the train it takes aprox 30 mins. to get to retiro. and subways are aprox. 2 mins. between stations.

Thanks everyone for your helpful insights! I'm looking forward to the challenge!

Back