Confession

khairyexpat

Registered
In 2005 I just moved into my new apartment after one year in "Las Naciones" hotel.

I was expecting a visitor (ONE visitor), so I opened the door without looking. But, I got 2 .

They ripped the phones off the hooks, tied my hands and feet with the phone wires. Gathered everything in duffel bags (Dell laptop, Panasonic camcorder, Cannon camera, Sony digital camera, DVD player, Stereo amp, Bose speakers, Nokia phone, mp3, wallet with all cards, including D.L. ... even my Technical Books)

When they were done, they sat in the living room had a smoke and came back to demand cash, punched me in the face when I said I had none. Threatened to come back for me if I phoned Police. I pointed them to my reserve emergency cash, all I had.

More than an 1 1/2 hours till they left. And I did not phone Police. Was ashamed & felt like I was rapped. Also fearful for my life.
Pleaded with the Bank to send me replacement cards, .. they did ..., in 3 days my first UPS was here.

I get jumpy on edge, every time I hear a new story.

My brittle bones can't take the beating 6 month of the year in the deep freezer.
I couldn't hack it and didn't make it .... to retire in San Francisco or something.
My time ran out before I realized ..... That is all there is.

Time is slowly grinding my body, erasing my memory.
Getting senile or Alzheimer. My legs can't carry my own weight.
I used to think I could fly.
c'est la vie.

Hopefully the people that did this to you are no longer on this Earth or are at least living a miserable existence in some dank prison where they belong.

If the thugs are incarcerated as you stated and wished, please let _khairyexpat_know in which penn they are incarcerated so the poor khairyexpat can go and visit them and hand them the last sentences himself thus getting rid of the phantasm still in his deep memory.

That's disturbing and even nine years on it must still haunt you.
Take care and enjoy your life.

I was too shocked the day you posted this to make any comment, though actually it made quite an impression on me. I still don't know what to say except for one thing: that my hat is off to you for finding the courage to share your story. Even though for us it's normal that you should be able to talk about it, and there is nothing to be ashamed about - it could have happened to any one of us, the impressive part is that you had the story buried inside for all that time but then after nine years found the strength to break the pattern of silence and talk about it. From the sound of things that's quite a great step for you personally and is inspiring for anyone who wants to overcome something or make a change in their life. You mentioned it being like a rape, and I'd say that's a fair analogy. In the rape community they talk about the steps of being a "victim" and transitioning to the mentality of a "survivor". Talking about their experience is one of the paramount important hurdles in this transition.

Even the last part of your post struck a chord with me. I'm Not a big fan of cold weather either, especially in houses that are poorly designed to distribute or maintain the heat. I guess that's what will make Spring seem so great though right? And the slowly advancing foreshadowing of all the things that are stripped from us with age - lightness of step, sharpness of mind, freedom from dull aches and pains. The 80 year old lady I rented from when I first came here put it best: "You know what the worst thing about getting old is? It's that inside you're still the same person." It's like in a way you're the same joyful youth trapped inside a decaying prison of flesh... aging gracefully is an art. How to do it? I'll let you know if I discover it. Must be something about accepting those things you lose and finding joy in what you still have and still are able to give.

You survived a horrific experience and the fact that you chose to remain in Buenos Aires despite that unforgettable event shows your strength and conviction. We all only hope that from now on things will improve and that you can replace that awful memory with new, lovely ones.

Thanks for your overwhelming kindness.

I'm awful, sorry if I burdened you with my stuff.

Since my first day on this Forum, I had nothing but utmost respect for each and everyone of you (members & admin).

Feel like between family and friends.

Pardon me, if I misscommunicate what I want to convey ... sometime it fails me
The more I try to correct it ... the more I mess it up.

I'm a survivor with 9 lives.

Please ignore me for a while ......

Appreciate every thing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Expat Life 1