Consorcio in legal battle with owner of my apartment.

70k? damn and i thought the 30k and 15k in my building were chancing it.

They're both owners who live in the building, one of whom is a noisy fucker. Anyone ever been in a building where the owners flat was sold to pay expensas?

Sorry about my multi-post, and my inability to not ramble on! I probably got moderated because of length!

70,000 includes some interest. The debt is in juicio now, and the administration expects payment only when the judge has made a decision.

in a way, it's hard not to (emotionally) blame them, because why would they have signed such a dumb agreement!?

@Bradly, I'm sorry if I did not explain myself well; I am not calling people dumb. That's why I put the caveat "(emotionally) blame them", meaning feel frustrated toward them. I am not being mean to them or suing them; I just can't warm up to them since their unit is part of our building's cash flow problems, which in turn have many of dealing month after month, year after year with water leaks.

Why would we on this forum want to help borderline criminal owners continue to involve us expats in their scam operation and pocket as profit not paying their fair share? Are we not anti-corruption crusaders!?! Do people really want to come to live in their building and have nice, old ladies living on their meager retirement angrily glaring at them in the elevator?

All I'm saying is: you don't want to be that guy/woman! I just don't think it is an unreasonable thing for renters who are renting in the nontraditional way to request to pay their rent to the owner and their expensas to the administracion to ward off the exact problem the OP had, especially if non-payment of expensas has the same consequences in the contract as non-payment of rent in full. If you are here, a month, 2 months, sure, no problem; that's a big hassle. But if you are in the unit a year or more, I think it behooves the renter (if they are doing a direct owner-renter contract, not a renter going through an established temp rental company) as a way to avoid the problems of the OP. Any honest home owner would not have a problem with this, or AT THE VERY LEAST in showing them the expensas are up to date at the time of rental.

The people in my building are NOT temporary renters (in the sense that they are there for less than a year); they have been here for several years and have children, jobs, lives, and plenty of discretionary spending. So yes, in their case, it's hard for me to see them as innocent victims because if they got into a contract with a stupid owner, the only reason they haven't gotten out of it by now is because it behooves them as well to free ride off the security, hot water and heat in the building. Even though the neighbors tell me, logically, this is not their problem, and I can understand this intellectually, I have not seen their contract, so how do I really know? And I think it is human nature that it would bother the neighbors and myself, when the renters continue to live there year after year while my ceiling continues to chip off into my pasta pot, and the administration continues to blame people like them for not making repairs. Even if I suspect the administration is the problem, though we do seem to have legitimate cash flow problems, I just can't warm up to these neighbors and trust that they are totally not part of my plaster-tasting pasta. I'm pretty nice; I'm sure some of my other neighbors say much worse things about them.

All I'm saying is learn from the post and don't step into this situation.

70k? damn and i thought the 30k and 15k in my building were chancing it.
... Anyone ever been in a building where the owners flat was sold to pay expensas?

Two in my building in this situation and are trying to sell. One, the folks who own the first floor storefront and owe 76k but claim the place is in such disrepair that they haven't been able to rent it. It was a happening art gallery but apparently some of the painting were destroyed b/c of water damage (which has to do with a rich brit neighbor and his inept architect's construction project next door). The other party are the kids of a really sweet couple who died, I suspect they are overwhelemed dealing with the deaths and all that entails. There are always extenuating circumstances in these cases, and from a purely economic perspective it makes sense to hold off on paying expenses since the rate of inflation far exceeds the interest.

New regulations require that all temporary rentals must be registered with AFIP/IRS starting march! The landord of course must be registered with AFIP CUIT, so must be the tenant must have a CUIL or CUIT...! Rental Taxes will be retained??? by ?

There is a nutty woman in my building who did not pay. The consorcio took her to court for at least 2-3 years, at the same time the interest was accumulating fast. She made the life hard for everyone, she inherited the apartment from her mother, never has the intention to pay expense. Because she did not pay, our expense had to be raised a few times in a year. She had the $ and just did not care, that amazed me. Eventually she cut a deal with the consorcio and paid it all. She was never afraid that someone would take her apartment.

Also about 30-40% of the owners are behind the monthly payment all the time, usually a few months behind, then caught up, then behind again, it shows on the monthly statement, everyone can see it, this is a building in Recoleta, and many of the residents are professionals.

I am the model expat owner, always pay on time, and pay to have lobby repaired after my potero ignored my request. Once I put some fake plants and flowers in the lobby because our doorman would not water it, they were stolen quickly in front of monitoring camera. People just carry the 6-7 feet tall plants and leave the building.

So, tourists coming and renting for a week need a CUIL or CUIT?

this was a question raised by the journalist on TV. Temporary Rental agreements are often considered to be six months or less.

By law a contract is 6 months or less. I.e., the law provides for two types of residential contracts: two year (minimum) long term and 6 month (maximum) short-term, or temporary. Both contracts have different obligations to both lessee and lessor. Anyone who rents more than two consecutive 6 month rentals to the same person has the contract converted, by law, into a long-term 2 year contract with all the legal requirements involved, whether there is guarantee or not...

As far as a temporary rental requiring a DNI (because a CUIL or CUIT is required) from the person renting the apartment, that doesn't seem to be correct to me for obvious reasons, unless every renter is required to go get a CDI (because they can't get a DNI and therefore cannot have a CUIT or CUIL) just to rent an apartment. Of course, the government may make some regulation along those lines, without having thought things through, but my guess is that something was not understood correctly either by the journalist or by the listener if the answer was that the lessee themselves have to have a tax ID number to rent an apartment.

If this, for some reason, was the intent of this government to exclude foreigners (or make it very, very much more difficult to rent a temporary apartment), then I would say that this is a possible sign of things to come related to foreigners. But I highly, highly, doubt it.

Then, maybe they are referring to residents and citizens only that need to have a CUIT or CUIL to rent temporarily. Most of the South American expats from poorer countries who live and work here (residents, but not citizens), for example, living in pensiones (hoteles) may fall under this new regulation, but I don't know. In those cases, hotels or pensions are probably covered under another contract law of which I'm not familiar as short term stay (i.e., not temporary rentals) like any other hotel, except the residents there tend to live for months or years in their rooms. In that case, perhaps AFIP is trying to squeeze the owners of these places as well to fit longer-term stays into a temporary contractual situation and require them to have CUIT or CUIL registered.

The only reason I can see for a renter himself to have to be registered is if AFIP is trying to see that renters who should have X amount of income declared are paying more than they make for where they stay. For the people who live in pensiones or hoteles, that makes no sense because it would be like trying to get blood from a turnip and many of these people are fans of CFK anyway because of everything the government "does" for them. So that would leave expats from wealthier countries, but the amount is so small, and the quantity of people so small, that doesn't make sense either, to me.

By law a contract is 6 months or less. I.e., the law provides for two types of residential contracts: two year (minimum) long term and 6 month (maximum) short-term, or temporary. Both contracts have different obligations to both lessee and lessor. Anyone who rents more than two consecutive 6 month rentals to the same person has the contract converted, by law, into a long-term 2 year contract with all the legal requirements involved, whether there is guarantee or not...

As far as a temporary rental requiring a DNI (because a CUIL or CUIT is required) from the person renting the apartment, that doesn't seem to be correct to me for obvious reasons, unless every renter is required to go get a CDI (because they can't get a DNI and therefore cannot have a CUIT or CUIL) just to rent an apartment. Of course, the government may make some regulation along those lines, without having thought things through, but my guess is that something was not understood correctly either by the journalist or by the listener if the answer was that the lessee themselves have to have a tax ID number to rent an apartment.

If this, for some reason, was the intent of this government to exclude foreigners (or make it very, very much more difficult to rent a temporary apartment), then I would say that this is a possible sign of things to come related to foreigners. But I highly, highly, doubt it.

Then, maybe they are referring to residents and citizens only that need to have a CUIT or CUIL to rent temporarily. Most of the South American expats from poorer countries who live and work here (residents, but not citizens), for example, living in pensiones (hoteles) may fall under this new regulation, but I don't know. In those cases, hotels or pensions are probably covered under another contract law of which I'm not familiar as short term stay (i.e., not temporary rentals) like any other hotel, except the residents there tend to live for months or years in their rooms. In that case, perhaps AFIP is trying to squeeze the owners of these places as well to fit longer-term stays into a temporary contractual situation and require them to have CUIT or CUIL registered.

The only reason I can see for a renter himself to have to be registered is if AFIP is trying to see that renters who should have X amount of income declared are paying more than they make for where they stay. For the people who live in pensiones or hoteles, that makes no sense because it would be like trying to get blood from a turnip and many of these people are fans of CFK anyway because of everything the government "does" for them. So that would leave expats from wealthier countries, but the amount is so small, and the quantity of people so small, that doesn't make sense either, to me.

El queso read this article.... A Temporary Rental for tourists in Capital is also covered by this new AFIP disposition ?

http://www.cronista.com/economiapolitica/Ya-deben-inscribirse-en-registro-de-AFIP-los-alquileres-superiores-a--8000-por-mes-20150218-0054.html

http://www.cronista....50224-0045.html

Back