Cordoba, Argentina Question

polostar88

Registered
I know this is a board about Buenos Aires and I apologize about asking RE other cities. But I was curious if any of you have lived in Cordoba and if you think it's a nice place, and what it might be like. Is downtown Cordoba nice?

I have no experience there other than as a visitor, and perhaps no one else here has either...hence the silence.

I can say that it's a lovely place, and the people are friendly and welcoming.

check this video and many other in youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBQv-Wi__Uk

I lived there for 5 years. We quite liked it. We were in Urca/Cerro de Las Rosas. That's between the centro and the sierras. Centro has some very nice areas and as with any city, some sketchy areas. It's big enough to be interesting but not too big. If you have any particular questions, post them here.

Cordoba city sucks, the goal is to live close at las sierras (the mountains) that is great!

Downtown Cordoba IMO is pretty ugly and dangerous. Near or in the mountains is lovely but potentially isolating after awhile.

I lived in Cordoba for a year a few years ago. Stayed in a shared house in nueva Cordoba near the park, and had a great time there. There's a good nightlife scene in that area leading down to la Cañada with lots of live music in bars, more than i ever see in BA. Also being a smaller city it's got a friendlier and more down to earth vibe, a nice change after the intensity of Buenos Aires.
At weekends we generally drove to the hills, especially in the summer to go hiking, swimming, kite surfing etc.. only a 40 minute drive away.
Nueva Cordoba is the only place i'd really want to live, or Cerro de las Rosas which seems more family orientated though.
It does get a bit small after a while, but there are a lot of positives to living in Cordoba vs Buenos Aires.. much more healthy lifestyle and very welcoming people.
Moved back to Buenos Aires from Cordoba a year later for a girlfriend.. didn't work out though. Sometimes wonder why i'm still here in Buenos Aires!

Back