Cordoba?

jb5

Registered
I'm wondering what everyone thinks of Cordoba and the surrounding areas. Is Cordoba a good place to do business? Are the rural towns surrounding it great places for outdoor activities?

I live in Cordoba...a good place to do business is a tad broad. I teach english, and based my reading of this site, there are more and better paying native english teacher positions in Cordoba than in BA, due to the relative lack of native speakers.

What type of business are you considering?

The surrounding towns in the Sierras are nice for mountain biking, trekking, camping, rock climbing, and most favorite of all Argentine outdoor activities, sitting by the river and drinking mate.

Cordoba though, is a far far cry from the international metropolis that is Buenos Aires.

Reactions: jb5
We are considering putting an office of a software development company there.

We'd love to have a part time base for all the activities you list and boating.

Are there an ample number of restaurants to not get bored?

How do prices compare to those in BA?

Don't know to much about software development, but best of luck to you. I'm sure the barriers to entry are similar to those in BA. I know of two expat owned businesses in Cordoba, TripleSmart website design and a scottish restaurant, The Breacan.

There is another, recent Cordoba post on here that had helpful info, "The Cordoba Bible."

I can count on two hands the number of international dining options, but there is good Peruvian and Mexican, along with your standard Argentine staples.

Ohh there is boating! At lagos San Roque and Los Molinos.

I believe rents could be significantly less here. Prices on food might be a tad less, but not much.

Suerte!

Back