Corrientes Y Callao, What's Good? (Bars, Restaurants, Etc.)

I love Pippo also
there is another cheap and very popular place called el espanol at alsina and rincon
worth the walk over there!

Bodegon de la Calle Ayacucho is between Corrientes and Lavalle. It is smaller and even cheaper and simpler than Cervantes II, but it is often packed with neighbors and people who work nearby. The food flies out of there for delivery as well, so it is generally pretty fresh, i.e., nothing left sitting around in the kitchen.

I've not been yet but i've passed it many times. Is it actually good? The huge colourful jukebox puts me off a bit.

It is a hideous looking place on the outside and inside. However, the food comes in very good portions, and it's very tasty. I've not been in probably a year because I live in Belgrano, and it's not convenient for me to go all the way to Congreso to eat there. But the first time I ate there was in 2008, and it was still good when I went last in 2014.

The comments on GuiaOleo aren't great, but when are they ever?

I'll second the reccomendation for status and chan Chan and add one for Restó (Montevideo and Paraguay)

Tataki has cucarachas and issues regarding handling of the food. I suggest to avoid it.
Bi won is close (junin between lavalle and tucuman).

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I really appreciate it!

Back