Cost of domestic flights for non residents

These people are arriving in Argentina on June 1st. That's about the same time the Norwegian Air Argentina will commence their operation...

In 99% of cases there is no difference anymore.
There are some fares which are still resident-only, but they are few and far between.
If want to be 100% sure should check with a travel agent (cough, cough) beforehand.

Hello Ben and thanks for the info.

I am traveling to Arg next month and would like to fly from Cordoba>Bariloche (viaje ida y vuelta) before it gets too cold!

When I search for options on google flights, there are two links to purchase the tickets - one for Arg Residents, and another for non-residents (which costs 50% more).

Would this be one of the 'few and far between' fares, or are you saying that AA/LATAM, etc are not enforcing the residency rules?

thanks

In 99% of cases there is no difference anymore.
There are some fares which are still resident-only, but they are few and far between.
If want to be 100% sure should check with a travel agent (cough, cough) beforehand.
Thank you

Hello Ben and thanks for the info.

I am traveling to Arg next month and would like to fly from Cordoba>Bariloche (viaje ida y vuelta) before it gets too cold!

When I search for options on google flights, there are two links to purchase the tickets - one for Arg Residents, and another for non-residents (which costs 50% more).

Would this be one of the 'few and far between' fares, or are you saying that AA/LATAM, etc are not enforcing the residency rules?

thanks

Hi crashlander,
Put up a screenshot of what you're seeing, and I can tell you what is accurate and what isn't.

Last edited:
Here you go. For LATAM, the Argentina Resident link takes you to a payment screen where it defaults to 'Argentina' and 'DNI' under 'Documento de identidad' although you can select Estados Unidos and enter in a passport number. The prices are in ARS (obviously).

The non-resident link does not ask for any identity documents and is listed in USD.

I'd realllly love to see Bariloche, but not for more than $500.. tbh I could tough it out on a bus, I just don't want to lose two days in transit.

Attachments

• LATAM1.JPG
    LATAM1.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 10
  • LATAM2.JPG
    LATAM2.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 10
  • ONEWAY1.JPG
    ONEWAY1.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 8
  • ONEWAY2.JPG
    ONEWAY2.JPG