Cost of Living Worldwide- BA @ 77

The Economist ranking is dated 9/2017 and based on USD comparative data somewhat prior to that date. At the time the data was collected the Brasilian real was at a point about 8% stronger vs the USD than it is now. Accordingly, I would submit that Bs As is now more expensive based on USD purchasing power than Sao Paolo (with which it was tied). Moreover, given the failure of the USD to keep pace with Arg inflation, I suspect Bs As is now more expensive than most, if not all, the other "Latin American" cities.

I read, a few days ago, that Bucharest, Romania,was the 10th least expensive city in the World. I've visited Bucharest,several times, most recently, about a year ago. very affordable, but one of the cheapest? Nunca.. This was on the "Moneyist" website, which I had never heard of. I wrote to the writer.. His reply was that he got the info from The Economist.
In ranking cost of living comparisons, I assume they mean Argentina, not Buenos Aires. If you look at at list of countries with the highest inflation, Argenuela, is almost at the bottom .For cost of living comparisons I check Numbeo.
In the EEUU The Economist reporting would be called "Fake News".
This morning, I read on Buenos Aires Tripadvisor Forum, a Brit said that restaurant prices in BA are higher than in London and Paris. OMG !

Back