How much is the cost of living in Buenos Aires in June 2023 in US$?

Neoperm

Registered
Guy, how much is the expected cost of living for a single person (renting studio) in CABA in USD? In particular, how much is the price of the studio apartments close to the downtown?

Things are incredibly distorted right now real estate wise. There are 400 sqft apartments listed for $600/month, dollars in hand, not BCRA dollars, so it's difficult to say on that front, but everything else you can check online, i.e. Dia's website for grocery prices, subte fares from the city (depending on how much you use it), health insurance via pre-paga websites, etc.

Guy, how much is the expected cost of living for a single person (renting studio) in CABA in USD? In particular, how much is the price of the studio apartments close to the downtown?
If you are looking for that location, I suggest you buy one. For 15/20k you get a studio and for 3k you recycle it.

Last edited:

You asked about the cost of living in Buenos Aires and it looks like most who have replied assumed you wanted to know about the cost of renting.. except for:

If you are looking for that location, I suggest you buy one. For 15/20k you get a studio and for 3k you recycle it.

If you are in a position to buy and don't speak Spanish or take the risks involved with "recycling" an apartment, here is a list of studio apartments in the "Microcenter" which are currently offered for sale on Zoneaprop:

Expect to pay about $50,000 for an apartment that "costs" $45,000 USD after the deal is done and you will be able to move in the day the of the escrutira (closing).

He doesn’t wanna buy. He wants to rent. Of course it’s impossible to answer since everyone’s needs, tastes and living arrangements are different.
But here’s a baseline to build from: Assume 400,000 pesos per month (as of today, 430,000 pesos a month from now), the equivalent of around 400 blue dollars (as of today) for a single person preparing his or her own meals, and with a modest social life. That covers health insurance, wifi, water, gas, electricity, building expenses (often the tenant pays these), laundry, supermarket purchases, a daily coffee, a meal out once a week, a haircut, bus and the occasional taxi fare. For someone who lives bigger, grow the budget from there. The amount includes 40,000 pesos for health insurance. Subtract it if you feel healthy. Then add the rental costs depending on what your expectations are.

Thanks all, I am not planning to buy a house. I will be moving to CABA to get citizenship and do not plan to spend more time in Arg than the time required to get the Arg passport. In those 2-3 years, I'd prefer to live in different part of Argentina. It's such a big country. It's surprising if someone compares Arg with Grenada. :)

Airbnb seems relatively affordable. About USD 200-300 per month. Given the crime rates, maybe safer to stay with a landlord?

I wonder if the rental payments are acceptable in Peso (I can save money by using blue dollar rate).

Back