Costa Rica Happiest country on Earth ( Pura Vida)

I read an article about this report earlier this week. Don't the measurements have something to do with happiness related to 'greenness' (is that even a word?)

I have been to Costa Rica and whilst the country side is beautiful I think San Jose is up there with the most filthy cities i've been to! They are champion litterbugs of the world..

RWS said:
These reports are mere curiosities.

The report is a complete crock, perhaps an elaborate joke. Pakistan is #24? Haiti is #42, ahead of Netherlands? 75% of Haiti is living on less than $2 a day. They were literally starving last year and had food riots. Maybe they were happy while they were rioting?

Everyone enjoys a good riot.

I dont know about happines, but i will say that at least latin americans are able to have fun without alcohol, while in the US and parts of europe having fun is exclusevly related to being drunk.:D

fedecc said:
. . . . in the US and parts of europe having fun is exclusevly related to being drunk.:D
Really? Perhaps in the former Soviet bloc, but nowhere in the States that I know of.:)

Hmmm... happiness defined as "years spent happy" divide by "eco footprint"

Not sure why the eco footprint is a factor. All for living in harmony etc but its not exactly a requirement of happiness - low eco-impact.

Always quite like these surveys, but they all differ drastically in how they establish happiness. I can't think of a better way than just asking people how happy they are. Its subjective, you can't objectively quantify it.

Reactions: RWS
Back