Covid Health Travel Insurance - Will OSDE work?

Tracy Renee

Registered
Hello all! I've been here for 2 1/2 years. I will be paying my overstay fine when I go back to Canada for a brief family visit & to get documents in order for applying for my rentista visa, and then returning 2 months later. I am not a resident here, so I will need to present covid insurance when I re-enter Argentina. I actually have OSDE here. Will that work as covid insurance? Does anyone have experience in this?

My plan is not to have a return flight to Canada booked, that I can then easily cancel, but to truthfully tell migraciones that I am planning to apply for my residency with the rentista visa and they can even check out that I have documents ready to submit. I was hoping I could go to the OSDE offices here before I leave and get some sort of documentation that I have health insurance here that I am paying into.

Does anyone have any experience in any of this?? Thanks in advance.

Migraciones did not check my health insurance when I entered in January, though if you want to be sure you fulfill all the rules, you can buy a short term health insurance for less than 150 USD.

This forum has some posts saying that the rentista visa would not be the best way to obtain citizenship.

I actually have OSDE here. Will that work as covid insurance?

OSDE is a well-known top-notch health insurance company. I don't think you will have any problems if you just show your OSDE card.

My plan is not to have a return flight to Canada booked, that I can then easily cancel, but to truthfully tell migraciones that I am planning to apply for my residency with the rentista visa and they can even check out that I have documents ready to submit.

It may be not in your best interest to express an immigration intent at the border, especially when your plane is still at the airport.

OSDE is a well-known top-notch health insurance company. I don't think you will have any problems if you just show your OSDE card.

It may be not in your best interest to express an immigration intent at the border, especially when your plane is still at the airport.
Thank you for both of these reponses! I appreciate it.

Migraciones did not check my health insurance when I entered in January, though if you want to be sure you fulfill all the rules, you can buy a short term health insurance for less than 150 USD.

This forum has some posts saying that the rentista visa would not be the best way to obtain citizenship.
Thanks for this. I hear you that the rentista is not the best, but it's my only real option. I will keep investigating. Thanks.

Hello all! I've been here for 2 1/2 years. I will be paying my overstay fine when I go back to Canada for a brief family visit & to get documents in order for applying for my rentista visa, and then returning 2 months later. I am not a resident here, so I will need to present covid insurance when I re-enter Argentina. I actually have OSDE here. Will that work as covid insurance? Does anyone have experience in this?

My plan is not to have a return flight to Canada booked, that I can then easily cancel, but to truthfully tell migraciones that I am planning to apply for my residency with the rentista visa and they can even check out that I have documents ready to submit. I was hoping I could go to the OSDE offices here before I leave and get some sort of documentation that I have health insurance here that I am paying into.

Does anyone have any experience in any of this?? Thanks in advance.

My OSDE plan 210 covers COVID. Good luck getting any sort of documentation out of them, though, I tried and failed to get confirmation of my coverage for a trip to Uruguay. They have a Whatsapp you can chat to, reaction times are minimum half a day though.

Back