Craw Fish Or Cray Fish

When I was growing up we always called 'em crawdads.
This site has a map of the "dialect variations" crawfish, crayfish and crawdad
http://blog.revoluti...d-language.html
The first magazine of rock criticism was named Crawdaddy!, and I never knew what inspired them to choose that name. This thread inspired me to look into it. It was named after the Crawdaddy music club in England, where the Rolling Stones played their first gig. No idea why or how an English club chose such a name, but there it is.

FYI best way to eat them is to boil them with nothing but salt water for 45 mintutes, .

45 Mins?!?! This is how they are done:

Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil add 1 pkt of Zaterrain's Crawfish Boil and add the crawfish. Stir them up a bit, then cover the pot and return to boil for about 5-10 minutes. Stir them again, turn off the fire and allow them to soak for about 10-15 minutes.
Unlike a crab boil or a shrimp boil, we don't just boil the crawfish by themselves. We throw some corn, potatoes, and cajun smoked sausage into the pot for eating, and lemon and onions for added seasoning.

45 Mins?!?! This is how they are done:

Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil add 1 pkt of Zaterrain's Crawfish Boil and add the crawfish. Stir them up a bit, then cover the pot and return to boil for about 5-10 minutes. Stir them again, turn off the fire and allow them to soak for about 10-15 minutes.
Unlike a crab boil or a shrimp boil, we don't just boil the crawfish by themselves. We throw some corn, potatoes, and cajun smoked sausage into the pot for eating, and lemon and onions for added seasoning.

And some hot sauce. A little more. Yep, hit dat pot one mo time wit dat sauce. Dats it! Hey, y'all young-un's back up now!

Back