Creative painting classes

Christina07945

Registered
Dear expats, I have found in Buenos Aires a very good creative painting class that I highly recommend to anyone interested in having fun while discovering their talent (no experience needed). It is a weekly class given by a painter at her house in Recoleta. The fees are reasonable and the experience great, the classmates are fun and supportive. I am just a very satisfied student and I would be happy to give you more details upon request. :eek:[/

I'd be interested. Can you send me some more info via the note or private message system? Thanx.

Actually, I'd prefer to see them here and move this thread to "Services Offered" section.

igor said:
Actually, I'd prefer to see them here and move this thread to "Services Offered" section.

Ok, then, Igor, Can I ask more?

Christina, can you tell me more about this? How are the classes set up? are they all one to one or are these group classes? How are they structured? What kind of back ground in painting did you have before you started? Would these be appropriate for someone with _NO_ painting experience at all or more for people who want to improve? What do you like about the classes? What is the price?

Thank you.

The classes are for people of all levels (usually beginners and on). I had no painting experience when I started five months ago. Gisela has helped me learn techniques, but more than anything she has focused on encouraging me to draw on my ideas, intuition and sense of esthetics. The classes have an open structure for each students and she is there to support you in working on your individual project. What I personally like about the classes is that, even though I was/am a little intimidated before starting a new project, i have learned to open up, go with it, and see each project (and myself) evolve. In the end I came up with totally unexpected and satisfying paintings, although they were those of a beginner. I learned from them and I moved on to the next one .

There are two or three people per class, it is 40 pesos each time and you commit to the duration you wish.

Does Gisela teach representational art, Christina? I'd dearly love to paint landscapes and portraits well -- and I've already studied abstract art.

Christina07945 said:
The classes are for people of all levels (usually beginners and on). I had no painting experience when I started five months ago. Gisela has helped me learn techniques, but more than anything she has focused on encouraging me to draw on my ideas, intuition and sense of esthetics. The classes have an open structure for each students and she is there to support you in working on your individual project. What I personally like about the classes is that, even though I was/am a little intimidated before starting a new project, i have learned to open up, go with it, and see each project (and myself) evolve. In the end I came up with totally unexpected and satisfying paintings, although they were those of a beginner. I learned from them and I moved on to the next one .

There are two or three people per class, it is 40 pesos each time and you commit to the duration you wish.

Thank you!! :D
I'm actually really excited about this. I'd really like to explore color and not so much creating a painting, if that makes sense. I'll give her a call when we get a bit more settled in.

I am glad you are interested RWS, however this is not a question I can answer. I think it may better that you speak directly with Gisela about that.

Back