Creative Software / Game Development Jobs In Ba?

ruudopdenkelder

Registered
Hello people,

My name is Ruud, I am a 29 year old freelance creative software / game developer, so I create interactive media such as games and interactive installations for museums. I am Dutch and currently I live in Amsterdam. I was wondering about the job opportunities Buenos Aires might have for someone with my skill set (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ruudopdenkelder). I would be greatly helped with a direction to look or some names of companies I should take a look at.

Ruud

There are a couple of them in Buenos Aires, mostly for cell phone games or faceboo aplications but i cannot remember the names now. I will ask my brother that surely knows about it.

Hello Ruud and welcome.

I am not expert in your field but here is what I know.

1) There is a small startup called Quarantine Interactive, they are currently crowdfunding their 3D game 'Nosebound'. You can download a demo of the game, at the moment. Since they are crowdfunding, they might be looking for help if you want to be a partner. They are also on Steam.
I can put you in contact with the founder.

2) There is a company called QB9 that develops the serie of videogame featuring Mundo Gaturro (a sort of Garfield character, extremely popular in Argentina), plus many others listed on their website. There are a couple of positions open with them (see the Career section on their website). They are located in Palermo. Unfortunately, I have no direct connection with them as I worked for them through an intermediary.

Thanks Serafina!

I understand that Quarantine Interactive is mostly a visual assets development company and QB9 is not explicitly looking for a software developer as far as I can see, However I will still contact them, you never know.

Any other names? Lamarque, what does your brother say?:)

Any of you guys have experience writing shaders and Webgl image/color processing functions? I am looking for some assistance in that arena which does overlap with gaming. Although I am working mainly in image processing at the moment. Big technology changes on the horizon for sure.

Here you have a list of some of the companies based in Buenos Aires:

NGD (they produced the MMO regnun online and they have as well develop bunch of Heroes "you can find this one in steam")
Ban of Coders
Gameloft (mostly cell phone games)
vostu
Globant and CIa interactive
eudamonia
CMD (i worked here 2 years ago, they have Mundo Gaturro a free massive multiplayer game for childrens that sell a lot, they are quite big and have many development but in the video Game area their flag shp is MMO Mundo Gaturro that make many millons in sales, they are about to take the get the first position in the market of video games for children in all the world "their main competitor is Disney", they have even a magazin and merchandizing for that game all over), this company is onwned by clarin the main media group in Argentina and has suffer some hits from a fight with the government

Back