Current Prices

Most milongas range from 40- 70 now (canning with an orchestra) Empanadas at milongas 10-12 glass of wine 30? but why buy just one glass... get a bottle and share... and take any left over home. you come out better that way.

taxi from centro to palermo 50- 75 depending on the time of day and traffic.

I would tell her to bring 500 she probably won't spend half of it.. unless she goes shoe shopping. ;)

US$500 will buy her lets say $6000 pesos that is $200 pesos per day ..!! for one month.
Without lodging Of Course seems frugal for someone eating out every day and using taxis!! Bfast $30 , lunch $60 ? , diner $100? plus tips lets say $200 . None left? :rolleyes: Even if she eats at the Chino take-out would spend perhaps would spend half of that then she has $100 left , one taxi ride and a coffee.!!!

$500 US for the whole month? I would say have at least $100 US per day and a credit card. It's really bad to be without enough money when traveling. You just never know.
N

I'd say $1000 USD for the month and she might have some left over when she leaves but probably not... my friend came last year and was falling for all the leather-shop owners tricks; it was a constant struggle to not let her buy the stuff she wanted.

I stopped going to freddo very soon, that's junk ice cream.

My local artisanal heladeria sells for 95 pesos/kg.

Try Cadore (best in town, in my opinion) or Jauja, but there are plenty of other excellent choices. Many years ago, Freddo was good.

At Jauja, the quarter-kilo is presently 54 pesos (10 percent discount if you join "Club Jauja"), with a diversity of uncommon flavors. This is absolute premium ice cream.

I was only asking because it was $90 pesos for one kilo when I arrived in BA last year in june, then when I left 10 months later it was a $130 a kilo, would be interesting to see how much it is now...

Back