Current Requirements For Retiree Visa

Todikaios

Registered
I would appreciate accurate current info on costs and procedures for securing a Retiree Visa. After subnitting all my required papers at the Consulate in NYC and the $200 application fee, I was told That I would get my Retiree Visa next week, but it would only be valid for one year, and I first had to pay a $600 immigration fee, and that I would have to repeat and do all of the necessary steps (paperwork and $800 in fees, etc.) for the next two years (in Argentina) before I could apply for a pernanent Retiree Visa and receive a DNI that doesn't expire. Can anyone verify this information, as I have been unable to find any information on "immigration fees" on the Internet. Thanks.

I believe your info is correct except the $600 is $600AR and a $40AR for your DNI.

T/

$600USD is what they charge for processing in the USA. In Argentina, it is different.

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesibleingles/?nomercosur_temporaria

PENSIONER REQUIREMENTS

DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT:

- IDENTITY: Identity Card, Passport or Certificate of Citizenship with photo, originals. These documents must be in force and in good condition.

- CERTIFICATE OF ARGENTINE CRIMINAL RECORDS Issued by the National Registry of Reoffend, or Federal Police. Only requires to those over 16 years.

- CERTIFICATE OF LACK OF CRIMINAL RECORD issued by the competent authorities of the countries where they have resided for a period exceeding ONE (1) year, during the course of the last THREE (3) years. Only requires to those over 16 (sixteen) years.

- AFFIDAVIT of lack of criminal record in other countries (it will be produce in migration at the time of application for residence).

- ENTRY. Country entry seal stamped to a travel document or migration card.

- CERTIFICATE OF DOMICILE OR AN INVOICE OF ANY PUBLIC SERVICE WITHYOUR NAME (ABL, electricity, water or gas)

- ONE 4X4 COLOR PHOTO (It must be current, taken from the front, half bust, with the head completely uncovered, color, white even background, allowing appreciate faithfully and in all its fullness the holder's facial features when manage the procedure).

- RATES: $1200 + $35 DNI (in Argentine pesos)

- Certificate issued by an international government or organization that certifies that you receive a pension or retirement, on a regular and permanent way, as well as the amount and duration of said benefit.
In order to prove the facts must submit documentation demonstrating your pensioner nature.

THE RESIDENCE TO GIVE WILL BE TEMPORARY.

IMPORTANT:
•All documents issued abroad must have the legalization of the Argentine Consulate, located in the country issuing the document Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Trade and Worship, or Apostille, if the country has ratified the Hague Convention .
• Without detriment of that established on international agreements or conventions in force, any documents issued by consular representatives in the national territory must have the legalization of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Trade and Worship, except MERCOSUR.
• All documents issued in a foreign language must have the Spanish translation made by National Public Translator (Section 6 Law No. 20.305) and legalized by the Translators' Association.
• The documents submitted should be original. The National Direction of Migration may require, if deemed necessary, additional documentation to those detailed before.

I was told...that I would have to repeat and do all of the necessary steps (paperwork and $800 in fees, etc.) for the next two years (in Argentina) before I could apply for a permanent Retiree Visa and receive a DNI that doesn't expire. Can anyone verify this information?

You will be able to apply for permanent residency on the third renewal of your visa pensioner.

At this time the fee for renewals and cambio de categoria (change to permanent resident status) in Argentina is $1200 pesos. It will probably increase at least once (possibly double) in the next two or three years.

If and when you are granted permanent residency you will receive a DNI that (under regulations now in effect) will be valid for 15 years.

One more thing: the current $8000 peso per month income requirement for the visa rentista (and the "retiree" visa as well) went into effect when the exchange rate with the dollar was about four to one and constituted a huge (almost 3x) increase at the time. I thought the income requirement would have been increased when the application and renewal fees doubled (well over a year ago?) but it remains at the $8000 peso level today. I will be very surprised if it isn't increased (at least doubled, if not tripled) in the near future.

Whether or not you will be subject to the increased income requirement when you renew your visa pensioner is a question that remains to be answered.

Back