Una banda de marriage requirements

El_fuego

Registered
The clerk at the registry civil told me I need an apostilled birth certificate not just to get married here to my Argentina novia but also before I can even get a turn secured. Does anyone have any experience with this? What she’s telling me is I can’t get married here or even schedule a turno until I fly across the world to have my birth certificate , which I already have physically, apostilled.

Search the Forum on how to secure birth certificates apostilled by mail.
For a foreign partner, not fluent in Spanish, an official translator is required (my XP)
Go to comuna 14 Berutti and Coronel Diaz BA City Offices. Very Helpful .

gotcha ill check it out, thanks.
the clerk also told me early on in our meeting that i would need a translator.
i took offense because i assumed she was immediately judging me and concluding my spanish was bad because i asked her to repeat herself
when i couldn't understand a word she was saying. i told her no i don't need a translator, if you just speak slower and pronounce better i can understand. turns out its a real requirement lol.

gotcha ill check it out, thanks.
the clerk also told me early on in our meeting that i would need a translator.
i took offense because i assumed she was immediately judging me and concluding my spanish was bad because i asked her to repeat herself
when i couldn't understand a word she was saying. i told her no i don't need a translator, if you just speak slower and pronounce better i can understand. turns out its a real requirement lol.
The Judge will read the declarations and the interpreter will translate phrase by phrase to make sure you understand what you are getting into. ....

I turned up at first meeting before you can get an appointment for the “civil” without a certificado de domicilio.
Think that was all they asked for at the time.

Then on the day of the wedding couldn’t find find my passport 😀 eventually turned up after turning the flat upside down.

The clerk at the registry civil told me I need an apostilled birth certificate not just to get married here to my Argentina novia but also before I can even get a turn secured. Does anyone have any experience with this? What she’s telling me is I can’t get married here or even schedule a turno until I fly across the world to have my birth certificate , which I already have physically, apostilled.
Where was this? I got married in August in CABA and the only document required was my passport. Even permanent residency doesn't require birth certificate but citizenship does.

im in cordoba. i think it's ridiculous that they are requiring an apostilled birth certificate to even schedule a turno.

Last edited:
im in cordoba. i think it's ridiculous that they are requiring an apostilled birth certificate to even schedule a turno.
Different officers, different requirements. Someone I know told me that her friend got married or did residency (not sure which case) in Cordoba and they told her that she needed to give them her birth certificate (translated and legalized ). It was very difficult for her because her home country was far (sometimes there's no record or papers burned down with the building in rural area etc I don't remember the reasons) but she moved mountains, spent a lot of money and finally got the document as requested. When she handed them her birth certificate, they told her that it wasn't necessary. Out of frustration, she just started bawling her eyes out right then and there in front of the entire office.

In CABA, you just need to fill out your personal info online (this includes the info of the 2 witnesses required too if I remember correctly) to get the turno, they called me in a matter of hours to test if my Spanish was good enough for the civil ceremony. If you don't speak Spanish, you need to secure another kind of turno that requires a translator. And on the day of your civil ceremony, all you need is your passport.

Back