D.a.r.t.s.

franduane

Registered
Hi everybody,

The purpose of this topic is to gather information about darts playing in Buenos Aires among darts lovers.

Please if someone knows about a proper pub to play real darts (not the electronic/softips one) or even better about DARTS LEAGUES in Buenos Aires, please let us know here.

I got here one month ago, and after seaching over and over, here's what I found:

There ain't no proper place to play real darts in BA!
The so-called "Irish pubs" or "English Pub" don't have any darts game! It's a shame..Forget about Temple Bar, Kilkenny, Shamrock, Gibraltar...no darts anymore!

However the following places offer something for the ones who miss playing:

- JOBS, Arenales 2932 (Palermo): there are 3 dartboard, the 'made in china' thin ones, with "cheap steel tips darts and used by drunk young people" according to the bar tender, for 15$AR 1/2 hour.
Any competition or serious play in this place.

- THE CLOVER PUB, Piedras 718 (microcentro): electronic/softips machine, not avalaible during Happy Hours, no competitions.

- ACHTUNG BAR, Estados Unidos 523 (San Telmo): electronic/softips machine, not even CRICKET GAME is available on it, BUT they'are planning on setting up tournaments some day! Who knows..

TO BE CHECKED:

- CAFE TORTONI, Avenida de Mayo 825 (Microcentro): I called them and it seems they have a dart game in the smoking backroom, you can ask for darts at the bar, I just don't know if it's an electronic machine or a proper dartboard. PROBLEM: gotta queue up to enter this bar!

- DOWNTOWN MATIAS, Marcelo T. de Alvear 399 (Microcentro): Nice pub, used to have a dartbord downstairs at the end of the room, they're planning about setting it up again, but nothing's for sure!

I'm done folks, this is for me, at the moment, everything about darts here in BA, if anyone knows someother place or has some more infos about eventual Leagues, please help!

I sent my dartboard and sets of darts from backhome, it's now all set up here. I'm thinking about organizing some game meetings and I'd like to meet up with other darts players, so please contact if you're interested!

Have a good one, sya!

Francis

hey, me and my mate Liam would be up for a gameNever seen a REAL dartboard in the 6 years I,ve been here.

ONE HUNDREDDDDDDD AND EIGHTYYYYYYYYYYY

Argentina isn't a member of the World Darts Federation (unlike Brazil), and I don't think the game has ever taken hold here at all. Aside from the electronic (substitute the word crap) boards mentioned above, it's a rare sight to see a bristle board at all in a bar. Having said that, I have seen Dartboards for sale in hobby shops, so somebody must be playing the game - Must be an underground sport here :)..

Keep us posted...

Hi guys!

Thanks for the replys,

I forgot to mention in my post th only bar/restaurant with a proprer bristle dartboard! : THE DRUID IN, Reconquista 1040, Microcentro.

The fact is they have one, but it seems to me it's more of a decoration item! many tables for lunch in the way, and a step, which prevent from a proper game.
Thus, in the evening, after lunch time, may be possible to ask them to leave an access to the board..If u give it a try please let me know how it goes

My bristle dartboard is all set up and measured out in my appartement, so I'm playing at home, I'll keep you guys post when we organise a game!

2 things:

I'm in touch in Adam Thorn Smith and some darts players in Sao Paulo, they do have leagues there, and many places to play...it's a pity there's nothing at all in Buenos Aires..

Liam, the dartboards you've seen in hobby shops, were they real bristle dartboards? any well know trend? Where are these shops located please (an argentinian friend wants to buy one) and do you think it's possible to find some real darts there?

Sya!

Francis

Back