Daily Url, Apr 19

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Monday, 18 April

After the game, waiting to leave[Travel Guy]
Inside La Bombanera I’ve been trying to get down to see the Boca Juniors for over a year and a half, but it’s always been one excuse after another to keep me from going. At first, ...

A Tour of Buenos Aires’ Best Graffiti[For 91 Days in Buenos Aires]
Nuevo Mundo: Latin American Street Art. Like all great metropolises, Buenos Aires has a thriving street art scene. We recently took a tour of some of the best graffiti the city ha...

Trelew: one-day getaway[line of sight]
Back at the Trelew bus station after a morning in Rawson , fatigue set in. Big time. I’d slept very little the night before & it finally caught up with me. After a few empanadas in Plaza ...

Hypothetical History: British Argentina[The Argentina Independent]
Ever wondered what would have happened if the British had been successful in conquering Argentina back in 1807? Yosef Robinson, creator of 'British Argentina' thinks he has an idea.

Vargas Llosa Visits the Country[The Argentina Independent]
Peruvian literature Nobel Mario Vargas Llosa, arrived in the country to attend a meeting of liberal leaders from all over the world and, mainly, to give an opening conference in Buenos Aires’ 37th Boo...

Victims break chains of slavery[CNN]
She had no prospects in her hometown of La Paz, Bolivia, so when she was offered a bus ticket to Argentina and assured of steady work and a home there, she jumped at the chance.

Sunday, 17 April

Legalizing Your Baby: US Passport[The Gill Family]
Today we successfully completed Step 2 in what I have dubbed the "Legalizing Your Baby" process. This step is perhaps the most important one for us because once it is complete, Gretchen will official...

Gallery Nights April 2011 edition[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
On Thursday, April 28th, 2011 , from 7 PM , a new edition of Gallery Nights , the original circuit for art lovers around more than 60 art galleries, antique shops, museums and cultural centers...

Saturday, 16 April

Belgrano “R” – Resplendent, Residential, Revoltingly Rich[For 91 Days in Buenos Aires]
Hello boys and girls, and welcome to Belgrano “R”. Let’s play a game! Everyone think of an “R”-word that describes ...

Abasto Shopping Mall[Wander Argentina]
Abasto, the huge art deco style complex in the neighborhood of the same name , is Buenos Aires largest shopping mall. The mall’s baronial façade along Corrientes Avenue features five huge ...

5 Favorite Lunfardo[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
I once saw an episode of I love Lucy where Lucy and Ethel went on a road trip. Something happened and the car broke down. The gals got out and tried to fix the problem. Lucy became frustrated and ...

Friday, 15 April

Bakano – Our Pizza Addiction Threatens to Destroy Us[For 91 Days in Buenos Aires]
Make your own Pizza. During a recent excursion into Palermo Hollywood, I began to feel faint. Taking a seat on the curb, I went through a mental checklist; I’d had plenty of ...

The National Museum of Fine Arts[For 91 Days in Buenos Aires]
We confidently strode up the stairs of an impressive neoclassical building, convinced that it was the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes . Passin...

The Indy Eye: Pinta tu Barrio[The Argentina Independent]
Pinta Tu Barrio aims to create a dialogue between communities and artists, creating 'open-air museums'. Andy Donohoe travelled to Quilmes to document their graffiti art work on a public wall.

Top 10 Hidden Shopping Boutiques of Buenos Aires[LandingPadBA]
Top 10 Hidden Boutiques of Buenos Aires 1. Balaciano, Zabala 2939: Tucked away on a quiet street in residential Colegiales, Marina Balaciano’s namesake boutique is a bastion for chic celebs and models...

Thursday, 14 April

Argentina Moves to Control Economists, Companies[The Argentine Post]
Two notable events dominated the news here this week. One entails what appears to be an effort by Argentine President Cristina Fernandez to silence economists who question the government’s...

The Children’s Museum[Wander Argentina]
The Children’s Museum of Abasto is a not-to-missed Buenos Aires attraction for the under-12 crowd. Here parents might observe the first spark of their child’s future career through experient...

Going To The Hospital In Spanish[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
The title of this post may sound silly, but anyone who has experienced this will understand. Going to the doctor was something I took for granted in the USA. Growing up I was a patient of whatever...

Wednesday, 13 April

In and Out of the United States in Under 2 Hours[Travel Guy]
I got just a little taste of the good old USA today when I visited the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires for the first time. Years of traveling internationally have finally caught up with me and I made ...

BricksBA: 15 Months of Rising Demand[InvestBA.com]
Fifteen months ago, the Buenos Aires real estate market moved into positive territory after fourteen straight months of negative prior year comparisons. We characterized the first positive month (Dece...

Argentina Takes Greater Control Over Private Companies [WSJ]
Argentina's government increased its sway over dozens of companies through a presidential decree on Wednesday, a move that will grant the administration a larger influence in some of the key sectors ...

Tuesday, 12 April

Free concerts by National Symphony Orchestra - 2011 Season[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The National Symphony Orchestra continues with its series of outstanding concerts, that will take place throughout the year, all of them with free entrance. For all the concerts at Auditorio...

5 Favorite Things To Do In San Telmo[WSJ]
Argentina's government has fined more economists for challenging official inflation estimates in what lawyers call a violation of freedom of speech.

Argentina Fines More Economists Over Inflation Estimates[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
San Telmo has a special old charm, that for me defines the romantic, charming spirit of Buenos Aires. The neo-classical facades of antique buildings are crumbling, only becoming even more magic...

Monday, 11 April

37h Buenos Aires International Book Fair[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The Buenos Aires International Book Fair is the largest of its kind in the Spanish speaking world. It is considered one of the most important cultural and editorial events in Latin America, and...

Sunday, 10 April

Photo Post: Argentina’s Hidden Gems[The Argentine Post]
One of the great joys of living in an older, pedestrian-friendly city like Buenos Aires is the unexpected discovery of hidden gems. I chanced upon one of these Sunday night while walking my little...

A Visit to the Mataderos Sunday Fair[Travel Guy]
A year and a half ago I met a tourist here who had visited the Mataderos Fair in the southwestern edge of the city of Buenos Aires (in the Mataderos neighborhood), and she told ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back