Daily Url - Aug 1St

webteam

Administrator
Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Top 5 Places to Satisfy Your Cake Cravings[The Argentina Independent]
When you think of sweets in Argentina you generally imagine alfajores, or facturas filled with dulce de leche, perhaps without considering the great variety of other options available in the city. Be...

AFA Bans Away Crowds and Non-Members at Football Matches[The Argentina Independent]
The Argentine Football Association (AFA) announced yesterday that only members from the home team will be allowed to enter the stadiums on match day, in order to stop the wave of violence that...

Crazy For Grilling: Top 7 Most Creative Parrillas[Pick Up The Fork]
Forget about foolishly wasting your money away on frivolous “store-bought” fancypants grills. Instead save your pretty pesos and MacGuyver the shit out of your next asado, parrilla-ing it up...

BAFWeek - Buenos Aires Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013-2014[BA Travel Guide]
BAFWeek, the most important event for the Argentine fashion industry, brings together the most established brands in the fashion world and independent designers for the launching of their new...

Run For/From The Hills![SaltShaker]
Oh, I don’t even know where to begin this one…. Hmmm, let’s start with last day in Trujillo before heading to the mountaintop to visit Henry’s dad. We had lunch at Coquito’s, a popular seafood place...

Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Argentine Talents: Juan Di Sandro[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Llegada del Plus Ultra, 1926) Juan Di Sandro was one of the country’s first professional photographers to gain acclaim, and is known as the father of local photojournalism. He was born in 1898 in...

The YPF Chevron Deal[Buenos Aires News]
The new exploration deal between YPF and Chevron is getting a lot of press. The optimists among us see it as the dawning of a new day, in which Kristina Kirchner has now become rational, and has...

Monday, 29 July 2013

3 Things to do in La Boca[Buenos Aires 4U]
One of the most popular tourist destinations of Buenos Aires, El Caminito’s stretch of beautifully painted houses attracts tourists to the neighbourhood of La Boca every day. But once you get there,...

Yayoi Kusama Obsesion Infinta – Sun 30 Jun to Mon 30 Sept 2013[LiveBA]
Yayoi Kusama – Obsesion infinta You will know when you arrive, the tree surrounding Malba are wrapped in red with white dots. But do prepare yourself for a bit of a wait. The lines extend down the...

Vote for Elvis[The 5th Floor]
Wandering back from a marvellous fish lunch in Palermo, I came across this attached to a bus stop. Proof positive that you dont need the services of a pair of wife strangling brothers (Ok, only one...

Friday, 26 July 2013

Collivadino at the Museo Nacional de Buenos Aires[Inside Buenos Aires]
The Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes (MNBA) in Recoleta inaugurated a new exhibit this week, showcasing the work of Pío Collivadino, an Argentine artist who portrayed the city landscapes. The artist,...

Pork and Passion[The 5th Floor]
Those of you that know me are probably aware that my idea of a balanced breakfast diet is a healthy dose of nicotine in one hand and and a forceful kicker of caffeine in the other. The truth is that...

Thursday, 25 July 2013

Third Buenos Aires International Ballet Gala[BA Travel Guide]
The top figures from the Royal Opera House in London, Stanislavsky Theater in Moscow, Teatro Colón of Buenos Aires, Nederlands Dans Theatre, Stuttgart Ballet, Ballet Nacional de Cuba, Bolshoi Theater...

found: argentina travel posters[Line of Sight]
As a tour guide, I'm often interested in how destinations market themselves. How do cities or nations identify themselves to potential visitors? The golden age of travel may be long gone, but its...

Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Right Now at MALBA: Kemble por Kemble[Encounter Argentina]
As I mentioned earlier this month, MALBA is on a roll. If you haven’t been able to make time in your trip to Argentina for Yayoi Kusama’s retrospective, you’re doing something wrong. That is all....

Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Colón Theatre Special Winter Program[Inside Buenos Aires]
(Photo by Gobierno de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires) The Winter season is one of the busiest for the Colón Theatre as it stages its regular productions and also special functions for children on holidays...

Monday, 22 July 2013

Sticker Shock![Discover Buenos Aires]
Posted in LivingI’ve been in Buenos Aires for some time now, so I typically know what prices are and also know what to buy and what not to buy here. Unfortunately today I was thrown for a loop when I...

Things to do on Avenida Corrientes[Buenos Aires 4U]
Anchored by El Obelisco, Avenida Corrientes is a principal roadway in Buenos Aires. The street is intimately linked to the birth of Tango, especially since the popular tango star Carlos Gardel lived...

Interior Design? Just let me buy the lighting! And buying art in Buenos Aires.[The 5th Floor]
As readers of this blog may already be aware, I have been struggling to get in touch with my feminine side, a.k.a. my inner interior designer. While I had strong views on what The 5th Floor should...

Sunday, 21 July 2013

Recommended Concerts July through December 2013[BA Travel Guide]
These are some of the national and international artists that will be presenting their shows in Buenos Aires on the second half of the year. More events will be added in the upcoming weeks as the...

Saturday, 20 July 2013

Día del Amigo[Vagrant Violet]
Today is Friendship Day in Argentina (“Día del Amigo”). It’s a holiday that I never gave much thought to until just recently. Before, I would have categorized it as one of Argentina’s superfluous...

Friday, 19 July 2013

Cuándo hablar cómo… or what to speak when…[Olive´s in BA]
As the English-speaking mother in what is otherwise a Spanish-speaking family, I am proud of how verbal and fluent Chip …Continue reading »

The Best Unsmokeable Joint in Palermo[Pick Up The Fork]
In a country praised for the prime meat, it’s always baffling how so many of us are on an endless quest for a decent burger. Ground beef mix, quick high flame sear, toasted sesame bun, toppings,...

Villa Urquiza Art District project presented by BA Street Art[BA Street Art]
Buenos Aires Street Art is proud to present our exciting new project that will transform an area of Villa Urquiza in Buenos Aires into one of the most stunning street art locations in the city. The...

Thursday, 18 July 2013

Going to the Doctor in Buenos Aires[Expose: Buenos Aires]
Whenever you are in a foreign country, something as easy as going to a doctor can be stressful, especially if you don´t know the language or the culture. Read on to find out what to expect. First of...

Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Lessons in Burger Partying[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Article by Kevin Vaughn. You know him by now. My “American-ness” generally makes me feel like a walking contradiction. I get flustered and defensive …

Marrying Old & New Musical Traditions: Tonolec[Encounter Argentina]
Stuck in a music rut but want to listen to something Argentine? I’ve got a treat for you: Tonolec. Though I was only just turned on to them myself, I promise — the folklore/electronic fusion group’s...

Tuesday, 16 July 2013

The Top 5 Reasons Why I Appreciate Living in Argentina[Vagrant Violet]
I cannot count how many times I have wondered to myself, “Why on Earth did I ever choose to come here and what the hell am I still doing in Buenos Aires?” Ah, Argentina! Crazy, erratic, and...

Monday, 15 July 2013

Exposición Rural 2013: 127th Exhibition of Cattle Breeding, Agriculture, and International Industry[BA Travel Guide]
The traditional Livestock and Agriculture Exhibition ("La Rural"), held every year in Buenos Aires for over a century, is one of the most important of its kind worldwide, bringing together more than...

Right Now at MALBA: Yayoi Kusama[Encounter Argentina]
The last time I went to MALBA, it was for the opening of Grete Stern’s exhibition, which I loved and wrote about here. Though it’s no longer up, MALBA has outdone itself with two new exhibitions —...

Organic Street Maket in Palermo[BA Travel Guide]
The main producers of organic and healthy food in Argentina will gather again in a street market in Buenos Aires, on Saturday, July 13th, and Sunday, July 14th, 2013, from 10am to 6pm, with free...

Friday, 12 July 2013

Beautiful Bridge in Puerto Madero[BuenosTours]
One of Buenos Aires's most iconic structures, the Woman's Bridge in Puerto Madero is a striking piece of architecture, linking the city's bustling center to its finest neighborhood for leisure.

Wednesday, 10 July 2013

"Van Gogh, My Dream Exhibition" arrives in Buenos Aires[BA Travel Guide]
In the year of the 160th anniversary of birth of Vincent van Gogh (1853-1890) the Ministry of Culture of the City of Buenos Aires presents this fantastic retrospective of 200 works by the great Dutch...

Tuesday, 09 July 2013

How to Piss Off an Argentine[Encounter Argentina]
As a disclaimer, I would like to say that, in general, Argentines are the most buena onda people I’ve ever met, with some of the most fluid and welcoming social circles I’ve ever seen. That said,...

Monday, 08 July 2013

Avenida de Mayo Highlights[Buenos Aires 4U]
Running from the Congress building to the Presidential offices, Avenida de Mayo is the heartline of Buenos Aires. The avenue pulses with vehicular and pedestrian traffic every day of the week. On the...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back